Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

portable light for BGE?

Sandman
Sandman Posts: 36
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I thought I saw a "reading" type lamp that could be attached to a BGE shelf to create more light for night cooks. [p] Does anybody know anything about this or where I can pick one up? Thanks in advance. [p]

Comments

• Sandman,[p]There are several models/brands of portable grill lights. Check out ACE, Home Depot, Target, etc. They all run in the $30 - $50 range. One even has a fan to cool your sweaty forhead as you lean over the sizzling grate. (I personally have a bikini clad beauty fan me with a large fern leaf. Pictures on another web site.)[p]There is also one available (a light, not a bikini clad beauty) on Steven Raichlen's
    web site.

• billyg
    billyg Posts: 315
    Sandman,
    I use a cheap clamp on lamp with an aluminum reflector. Put a 4o watt bulb in it so it doesn't bother my eyes if I look into it. Think it cost 2.98 at Home Depot.

• Rodan
    Rodan Posts: 32
    Sandman,
    I got this one at Lowes. It works on a couple of AA batteries so no cord needed. LED so batts should last a long time. It can attach either with the very strong magnets or, by clamp. I'm quite satisfied with it. $19.99
    Rod

[ul][li]BBQ Light from Lowes[/ul]
  • Sandman,
    I have one of these for use when backpacking or kayak camping. Works well enough for Eggin'[p]rb

[ul][li]Mini Miner lamp[/ul]
  • Rodan, my wife recently bought this one for me, replacing a battery powered flourescent light that gave up the ghost. Can't speak for battery life, but the little LED light works perfectly for a large egg. I'm very happy with it.