Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hopefully BGE in Mexico

Options
A friend sent me some screenshots of what appears to be BGE in Mexico, could it be true or just a hoax?

Anyone who can confirm this? I don't want to get hyped just to be false.

Comments

• REMtx
    REMtx Posts: 63
    Options
    It's true. I've seen similar posts by Big Green Egg HQ on Facebook as well. The ceramics are already manufactured in Mexico. Now there will be a bigger company presence with their Mexican office.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    HEB grocery is big in Texas and now Mexico. It is strange they are in HEB grocery store chain in Mexico.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • InfectedDAS
    InfectedDAS Posts: 211
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @REMtx so there might be some hope after all.

@Photo Egg right now HEB is also the official retailer of Weber Kettles in Monterrey, HEB is also sponsoring some Grilling tournaments so being BGE distributor (if true) would be the next step on the ladder.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Wonder if Beli has his hands in this.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Esto es genial. Costará un montón de dinero
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • InfectedDAS
    Options
    @northGAcock demasiado dinero...pero estará en Monterrey, la gente lo comprará.

Espero que que no sea una moda pasajera, me gustaría ver Eggfests y demás eventos como los que se tienen en EUA. Además si esto continúa las competencias de parrilleros serán mas reñidas.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I agree....and what did you call me? (JKOC). 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • InfectedDAS
    Options
    In summary GrillMaster .... Yeah, that's what its says right there
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    muy sabrosa!

There is a sams club in puerto penasco.....maybe they can become authorized dealer....
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options

Tuve que usar google translate.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• InfectedDAS
    Options
    A friend of mine went there to verify and apparently they are already selling XLs BGEs at a not-so-reasonably price of $25k MXP which at current exchange rate would be $1,375 USD, need to clarify that is the cost of a bare Egg.

I know the drill pics or didn't happen, planning to go on Sunday for that, you know  need to see to believe.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Wonder if Beli has his hands in this.
    We can ask him Thursday as LawnRanger and I (wives as well) will be at Beli's. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Tell Beli and family we said Hola!.  Enjoy your trip
  • InfectedDAS
    Options
    @Mickey & @Austin Egghead  pardon my ignorance but who's Beli?

Unfortunately Costco doesn't carry briskets so I went to HEB get a 9lbs Full Packer Brisket (no grade) that I saw the other day and it was gone.

Didn't want to get our with nothing and ended up with a Weber Kettle, definitely having a second grill helps, is not a BGE but I think it'll cover hot and fast necessities while the Egg is slowly cooking the main dish.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @InfectedDAS
    A truly outstanding EggHead from Monterrey, Mexico. One of the very best!

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• InfectedDAS
    Options
    Ohh so I need to meet him. Is it his name, surname or nickname?
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    @Mickey & @Austin Egghead  pardon my ignorance but who's Beli?

Unfortunately Costco doesn't carry briskets so I went to HEB get a 9lbs Full Packer Brisket (no grade) that I saw the other day and it was gone.

Didn't want to get our with nothing and ended up with a Weber Kettle, definitely having a second grill helps, is not a BGE but I think it'll cover hot and fast necessities while the Egg is slowly cooking the main dish.

Good choice, you will love it.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Austin  Egghead
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @InfectedDAS
    Beli is an avid egger,  gentleman and wonderful cook who lives in Monterrey Mexico.  He and his family come up for many of the Texas eggfests.  He was very active on the original forum.  Type Beli in the search and you will see some of his posts.