Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I wonder.

Options
2»

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    been legal in mass for a while but the state keeps delaying the start up date for sales. still not sure how they are going to police the stuff but i smell it everywhere now that its warming up and the convertibles down.  you can decarbonize it in the egg then sous vide infuse it in butter, maybe even bacon fat =) now that its on bge topic theres no way this thread should be buffaloed, right ;)
    http://skillet.lifehacker.com/how-to-sous-vide-your-own-medical-marijuana-edibles-1772309487
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    STicky icky icky..

Purp Cush
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I see a future in edibles as an adjunct, not as a miracle replacement.

Cancer patients for example, are likely on Zofran for nausea/vomiting, MS Contin/Morphine IR or Oxycontin/Oxycodone for chronic and acute pain, Xanax/Ativan for anxiety, Reglan for appetite stimulation, Ambien for sleep, maybe an antidepressant too, that's 6 or more pills.  If THC can help minimize some of the meds, then why not?  

We tried Marinol with my Ma, admitted her for acute confusion shortly thereafter, didn't work out for her....but my Uncle used oil on crackers mostly, and made the last year of his life bearable.

There is much more research needed before I'm pro-weed, and when the subject occasionally comes up in the hospital I defer to one's PCP, but we are finally heading in the right direction, with certain uses like epilepsy, terminal cancer, and chronic pain.

The recreational part gets dicey with professional jobs, OWIs/DUIs, MVAs.  If it were legalized tomorrow, I wouldn't partake for my own reasons, but have several friends who do, doesn't bother me as long as you're not whipping a glass bong out around the kiddos.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Yep the federal gov is finally opening up testing to more than one single grower....

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-marijuana-dea-20160811-snap-story.html

Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Making this up. A future thread "when is the smoke good to start cooking?" "When its thin and wispy, so you manage to remember its time to take the food out right when its done." Or "When you get as baked as the food should be." Or the inverse, "you put the food in too soon, and so you got the munchies and scarfed it before it was cooked." From "The Cheech and Chong 'Roasted and Toasted'" cookbook.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    sudden urge for a chocolate covered fillet mignon

Image result for chocolate covered steak
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Focker said:
    I see a future in edibles as an adjunct, not as a miracle replacement.

Cancer patients for example, are likely on Zofran for nausea/vomiting, MS Contin/Morphine IR or Oxycontin/Oxycodone for chronic and acute pain, Xanax/Ativan for anxiety, Reglan for appetite stimulation, Ambien for sleep, maybe an antidepressant too, that's 6 or more pills.  If THC can help minimize some of the meds, then why not?  

We tried Marinol with my Ma, admitted her for acute confusion shortly thereafter, didn't work out for her....but my Uncle used oil on crackers mostly, and made the last year of his life bearable.

There is much more research needed before I'm pro-weed, and when the subject occasionally comes up in the hospital I defer to one's PCP, but we are finally heading in the right direction, with certain uses like epilepsy, terminal cancer, and chronic pain.

The recreational part gets dicey with professional jobs, OWIs/DUIs, MVAs.  If it were legalized tomorrow, I wouldn't partake for my own reasons, but have several friends who do, doesn't bother me as long as you're not whipping a glass bong out around the kiddos.
    Agree. Had a patient with upper tract Crohn's who nearly died due to intractable nausea/vomiting along with chronic line infections for TPN. Marinol removed the N/V allowing the patient to gain weight back. 

On on top of that, while certainly not a panacea, I would hope that use will reduce use of narcotics considering what is going in. Much rather have someone with the munchies rather than ODing on heroin/fentanyl after doctor-shopping for pills drys up. 
  • cheeaa
    cheeaa Posts: 364
    Options
    Can't wait til it's legal in Missouri (gonna be a while).... but, getting it is still incredibly easy. Lol... It's amazing how many people do it and you would otherwise have zero idea. Very successful, intelligent people. Just legalize it, tax it, profit. 
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    I just shared this with my friends, one who lives in Colorado. Too freaking funny. This is why I don't trust any news outlet before I google their story. #wherearetheeditors
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie