Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First (successful) pizza night

Options
slovelad
slovelad Posts: 1,742
really fun time making pizzas tonight!

Comments

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    Awesome!

I did pies myself tonight, but like always, no pictures here.

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Nice!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • slovelad
    Options
    Final picture 

• booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    Options
    THese look amazing!  What happens to the parchment paper after you put it on the grill?
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • slovelad
    Options
    booksw said:
    THese look amazing!  What happens to the parchment paper after you put it on the grill?
    @booksw you take it off the stone after about 2 minutes. It slides right out 

• booksw
    Options
    With your fingers?  Is there a stone between the parchment paper and the grid?  I have kind of given up on Pizza because of burnt bottoms... Thanks!!
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • slovelad
    Options
    booksw said:
    With your fingers?  Is there a stone between the parchment paper and the grid?  I have kind of given up on Pizza because of burnt bottoms... Thanks!!
    Yes I use a stone

Here is a fool proof method.

fire up the egg to about 550-600 and let the stone heat up inside the egg for about 45 minutes.

then put the pizza on the stone with parchment paper.

after about 2 minutes put the peel under the pizza and pick it up, and the parchment will come right off.

resume cooking for another 9-12 minutes 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    slovelad said:
    really fun time making pizzas tonight!

Good to see you have experienced a great pizza night. Some great looking pies right there for sure.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • booksw
    Options
    What is your set up?  Looks like PS legs down, PSWoo (?) and stainless grid, then another grid with stone on it?  You got me motivated again... :)
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • slovelad
    Options
    booksw said:
    What is your set up?  Looks like PS legs down, PSWoo (?) and stainless grid, then another grid with stone on it?  You got me motivated again... :)
    Nope! Way more simple.

pswoo with ps legs up and an extended grate up top to get the stone closer to the dome