Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Themo smoke troubleshooting

Options
hi all,

i just fired up my egg and my thermowork smoke is acting crazy!  It's giving me a reading with no probe attached and when I attach probe it's reading 250 in Ice water. Not sure if anyone else has run into this but I'm not sure what happened as it worked great last time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Call Thermoworks. Their CS is fantastic.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • theeggcellentchef
    Options
    I called customer service. What a pleasure!  They simply had me put in new batteries and same issues were present so they looked up account and shipped a replacement today. Sadly, exemplary CS like this is the exception not the rule nowadays. Just wanted to give props to thermoworks. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I called customer service. What a pleasure!  They simply had me put in new batteries and same issues were present so they looked up account and shipped a replacement today. Sadly, exemplary CS like this is the exception not the rule nowadays. Just wanted to give props to thermoworks. 
    Sorry yours was dead but awesome customer service by Thermoworks...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas