Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Georgia Mountain Egg Fest Thoughts

The fest today was my first egg fest and we loved it. Great location, great weather and fantastic food. Too many good recipes to mention all of them but the pizzas were great, shrimp and grits were on time and all the sausage and monkey bread and cinnamon rolls and chicken wings on and on.  Man it was good. I do have a question. Is the group that cooked in the first location on the right as you're walking in part of this forum?  I didn't get anybodies name but my boys loved the chicken wings from there so we wanted to make sure we checked out the recipe. 

Comments

• GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    It was also my first eggfest. My wife and I had a great time. Could not have asked for better weather or food. We will definitely be making this trip again.
  • Yes us too. I was impressed. 
  • SmokinTiger81
    SmokinTiger81 Posts: 746
    edited May 2017
    Good to see you guys--thanks to those who stopped by and said hello--good to put faces with names.  The only problem with this one being your first fest, is it may be pretty much downhill from here until next May.  This one is a fantastic venue and crowd.  I have cooked a couple times in Atlanta--but it does not hold a candle to Hiawassee.  John does a great job.  I think the crowd this year had to be largest ever for this one--from the meet and greet all the way through the event.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Had a great time myself. Great venue and crowd.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    edited May 2017
    Great to meet folks and get lots of new ideas and @SmokinTiger81  Cuban sandwiches were a huge hit with my group ( really liked the text notifications of when his food was ready too!)
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • SmokinTiger81
    edited May 2017
    Jim, agree wholeheartedly with all your comments regarding John Hall.  Thanks for sharing his message to us cooks with everyone.  He creates a super fun event for everyone--cooks and tasters alike.  And he improves it each year--5 mini max's in the cook's drawing along with other nice gifts,  nice gift bags with custom Mtn Fest apron and grill tool for cooks, and no fee for cooks this year.  And it seemed the missing charcoal issue got resolved quickly--lol
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    This is a top notch event thanks to John and all the great cooks.  Looking forward to next year.  Great fun cooking here.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SmokinTiger81
    Cincy--glad your group enjoyed the Cubans and text alerts.  The Cubans are courtesy of John Hall too--he provides all night security Friday night so we can get in, fire up the egg, and put the Cuban butt on about 5:30 pm Friday to cook 15 hours, come back and check it if we need to during the night, and at about 8:30 or 9 am it goes in the cooler wrapped in foil and towels, and gets pulled hot right before we assemble the sandwiches at lunchtime.  I would add this definitely seemed to be the biggest crowd I can recall--and very courteous, appreciative, and lots of good egg questions.  
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    it was my first time at this one and I think we will be going back.  we made the 4 hour drive over Saturday from north Alabama and it was well worth it, not to mention I got my second egg. 

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Kent8621, was nice meeting you and thanks for coming to the fest, enjoy that second egg and see ya next year. Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    thanks jim I am counting down till I can use it.  we have a busy week this week and next so its going to be a few weeks sadly.  thanks for taking the time to chat, we had so much great food and got some new ideas to try out soon.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Jupiter Jim
    Kent just sent ya a PM

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• We missed the Cuban sandwiches when we stepped out for a few. I was really looking forward to trying them. Good times and good food. Can't beat that. 
  • EggyBear
    EggyBear Posts: 4
    edited May 2017
    @Lowcountrygamecock Thank you for the kind comment! I am glad the boys loved the wings. I would be happy to share the recipe with you.

@Jupiter Jim Thank you for letting me know about his request! Happy to oblige

Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions about the recipe!
  • I looked up your website this morning and saw the recipe.  Only thing I didn't see was the temp you cooked them at?
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Thank you all for your comments~~!! It was one amazing eggfest, even if I say so myself!?  =) Mark your calendars for next year........8th Annual Georgia Mountain Eggfest, May 18th and 19th, 2018.
  • b0atnutz
    b0atnutz Posts: 34
    John my wife Kim and I had an awesome time great food great epode and a great event thank you. I do have one question there was a team that severed sausage who if I remember what the lady noted was from Tifton do you know where I can get the info from to purchase this wonderful sausage. Thank You Jerry

• outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    b0atnutz said:
    John my wife Kim and I had an awesome time great food great epode and a great event thank you. I do have one question there was a team that severed sausage who if I remember what the lady noted was from Tifton do you know where I can get the info from to purchase this wonderful sausage. Thank You Jerry

Jerry,.  The sausage came from Curtis packing company in Tifton.  They have a retail store alone with a large wholesale operation  , a long time family business.  The sausage was their fresh pork sausage.   Message me if u need additional information.   Glad u enjoyed it.   I cook it indirect, 350*.  

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Sorry about that @outrageous I remembered someone serving some sausage and the lady was telling everyone where it came from. Must have been a different cook. 
  • outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    GaBGE said:
    Sorry about that @outrageous I remembered someone serving some sausage and the lady was telling everyone where it came from. Must have been a different cook. 
    Not a problem.   Carroll's is great   love their smoked sausage n other meats.   Their smoked pork chops are to die for.   

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• billybon
    billybon Posts: 213
    b0atnutz said:

Jerry, what variety of sausage did you eat?
  • Jupiter Jim
    EggyBear said:
    @Lowcountrygamecock Thank you for the kind comment! I am glad the boys loved the wings. I would be happy to share the recipe with you.

@Jupiter Jim Thank you for letting me know about his request! Happy to oblige

Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions about the recipe!
    EggyBear my pleasure to help it's what us Eggers do! :)

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• deadhead88
    deadhead88 Posts: 4
    edited May 2017
    Great time at the GA Mtn. Egg fest!  Picked up an XL Demo egg and i've been having a blast with it!  Have already cooked a stuffed pork loin and reverse seared some NY Strips.  EggyBear thanks for the 101, y'alls food was awesome as well!  SmokingTiger's Cubans were on point as well.  Big thanks to everybody that helped put this wonderful event on, Glad to be part of the EggHead Community!
  • b0atnutz
    b0atnutz Posts: 34
    Thank you outrageous I will try to contact them and if I have a question i will contact you Thanks again

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Great time at the GA Mtn. Egg fest!  Picked up an XL Demo egg and i've been having a blast with it!  Have already cooked a stuffed pork loin and reverse seared some NY Strips.  EggyBear thanks for the 101, y'alls food was awesome as well!  SmokingTiger's Cubans were on point as well.  Big thanks to everybody that helped put this wonderful event on, Glad to be part of the EggHead Community!

Welcome aboard. 

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow