Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Royal Oak on sale @Home Depot three more days.

Options
2»

Comments

• SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    slovelad said:
    @SaintJohnsEgger did you get the Milwaukee combo?
    No. I went with the Ryobi combo as I has some older 18v Ryobi tools that the batteries had died on. So all the old stuff and the new use the newer lithium batteries. Plan is to keep the new stuff for me and use the older as loaners to kids or neighbor's. Old stuff was nicad and had just died from heat and recharges.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• nissan97240
    nissan97240 Posts: 22
    Options

Thabk you guys for posting this was on sale. Made a really fast trip up to Home Depot to get my 5 bags. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Got 5 today out of the middle of a pallet like I prefer to do, and did my usual grip, pat down and turn listening for the telltale tinkle of moving, shifting tiny pieces. These bags were solid! Though I didn't need to I went ahead and opened a bag for tonight's cook. I could not believe how many huge chunks there were! While some here prefer big chunks of lump I don't. Me thinks I will be sorting these bags out so as to whack the big chunks with a sledge hammer to downsize! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I bought 5 from the special display stack and used self checkout. Then i went back in and got 5 from the normal shelf and checked out at the garden center. 
    Should have gone back in and gotten 5 more and checked out at the contractor cashier. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    Options
    I bought my obligatory 5 bags
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Got 6, just because.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Been a few years since I've burned Royal Oak. Picked up 5 bags this evening, we'll see if it still stinks as bad as it used to when first lit.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    I did not get permission to buy more charcoal even though I'm down to 3 bags of royal oak...

SWMBO, "No!  You still have a thousand pounds!"

Me, "actually, only 976..."

The non-verbal no was very easy to read.

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Options
    I got ten bags and headed to self-checkout, planning to scan and pay twice.  The woman at the stand scanned a bag and hit x10 at her station - no problem.
    She was amazed that anyone needed ten bags.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    They're not going to enforce that on the average buyer.  Just like Walmart with ammo, they drop that in there in case a business comes in and tries to buy several pallets (and they believe it's going to be resold.)   If the local BBQ shop across the street comes in and tries to put it on their business credit card with a tax resale certificate to avoid sales tax, you better believe they'll say "5 Max!" 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    I'm a lightweight. 
    But I do have storage issues. 

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    Options
    I need to pick some up, looks cheaper than Walmarts sale.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    Options
    Picked mine up as well.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • jak7028
    jak7028 Posts: 231
    Options
    tjosborne said:
    I need to pick some up, looks cheaper than Walmarts sale.
    WOW!!! Walmart is goving a $60 discount!!!  Much better than Home Depot, they only discounted it about $5/bag.  You better stock up before it goes back to $300/bag.  
    Victoria, TX - 1 Large BGE and a 36" Blackstone
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    No sale at my local store. Still $9.97. I'll wait for the sale price. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    @Toxarch it was a one day sale last Saturday 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Are the Lowes royal oak briqs still 4 bucks? If so, i know where I am headed tomorrow. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Are the Lowes royal oak briqs still 4 bucks? If so, i know where I am headed tomorrow. 
    @milesvdustin I believe mid June. At my store anyways. I'm going to go back and buy more just incase they do run out
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota