Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do I learn to Dry Age?

Options
Tony_T
Tony_T Posts: 303
How do I learn to Dry Age?
Any good links appreciated!

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    You will find all kinds of good dry aging material if you type in JustineCaseyFeldown aka Stike on this forum.

Google:

Egghead forum Stike Dry Aging 

(You should get tons of good info)

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    Try the search function on the forum.  There are several archived threads on the subject that will answer any questions you may have.  You can also use google and add egghead forum to your query.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Tony_T
    Tony_T Posts: 303
    edited May 2017
    Options

Thanks, WeberWho, I'll do a search here for JustineCaseyFeldown
    (BTW I did try the search function on the forum, but got a lot of great pic's of Dry Aged Beef, but no how-to's)

Edit: WeberWho, I just found your write-up: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1161564/dry-age-write-up

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Step 1: Open fridge insert meat*
    Step 2: 40 days later open fridge remove meat
    Step 3: Cook and eat meat. 

*meat being beef. Dry aged chicken may not be so good. 

Thats about how hard it seems to be based on my research here. This has been asked many, many times so brace yourself for some frustrated answers or just limited answers. 

And for goodness sake, don't ask about trimming. Trust me. Just don't. (Ask or trim). 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • ElkhornHusker
    ElkhornHusker Posts: 493
    Options
    The hardest thing is to just let the meat sit in the fridge.  I am on day 21.
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • CanadianAnvil
    CanadianAnvil Posts: 226
    Options
  • CanadianAnvil
    CanadianAnvil Posts: 226
    Options
    Must stay on wagon
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Kenji at SeriousEats has a nice write-up on dry aging using a mini fridge with a fan put in to circulate air.

I have a second fridge in the basement(beer fridge, basically) that I put mine in on a rack. Don't do anything else, otherwise.