Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Big steak options in Nashville??

I'll be staying out by the airport is there any recommendations for good big steaks in Nashville?  Big bone in ribeye possibly? 

Comments

• TN_Sister_StateTN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Are you willing to drive downtown? I love Bobs Steak House. 

http://bobs-steakandchop.com/nashville/our-menu/
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

edited May 2017
    Franklin, Tn

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 11,894
    You can get a steak anywhere. I'd be ODing on Hot Chicken if I were in town. 
  • JonnysouthJonnysouth Posts: 102
     Thanks for the links and suggestions I don't mind chicken either!  Oh look to get checked into my room and cleaned up from work and then see where I end up thanks guys! 
     Thanks for the links and suggestions I don't mind chicken either!  Oh look to get checked into my room and cleaned up from work and then see where I end up thanks guys! 
    Slide over to Hattie B's in the West End. If you've got some free time, check out Lanes Motor Museum. It's close to the airport and is one of largest collections of European classics. It's a cool place. 
  • BLDGMANBLDGMAN Posts: 29
    It's worth the cab ride downtown for the Southern, you go back and pick your steak, fresh shucked oysters too.
  • GrillSgtGrillSgt Posts: 1,718
    Lane's is definitely cool.  @DoubleEgger have you seen the last two auto exhibits at the Frist? Those were incredible.
    Woodford & Barren Co. KY

LBGE, XLBGE, 2 Weber Genesis, Weber 22" kettle

I’d kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

• BriStarkeyBriStarkey Posts: 13
    Jeff Ruby's

LBGE bought used & one new MBGE, Weber Kettle. Looftlighter, Kick Ash Basket,

East Nasvhille

GrillSgt said:
    Lane's is definitely cool.  @DoubleEgger have you seen the last two auto exhibits at the Frist? Those were incredible.
    The ones at the frist were awesome!
    Franklin, Tn

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
    Jimmy Kelley's 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • RaymontRaymont Posts: 689
    Kane Prime.

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

GrillSgt said:
    I saw one several years ago. Very nice. 
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,513
    The stockyards?
  • AcnAcn Posts: 2,529
    You can get a steak anywhere. I'd be ODing on Hot Chicken if I were in town. 
    This.  Buy your own bone in ribeye when you're home and save tons of money.  Eat something that you can only get in the city you're visiting.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

The stockyards?
    They are closed for good. I lived in the Condo's right next door and when the new sounds stadium was built they closed their doors. 
    Franklin, Tn

• +1 on The Southern. 

Food and drinks are always on point. Jimmy Kelly's and Stockyard have gone down hill. Kane Prime is pretty good. You aren't going to find anything near the airport. But it's only a 10 minute cab ride. 

Ive lived here all my life and spent quite a bit of time in Outside Sales so I have spent an unhealthy amount of time wining and dining in restaurants in Nashville. 

But it if I had the choice of dinners I would go get some Hot Chicken. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

So is Hattie B's the place for chicken?
    So is Hattie B's the place for chicken?
    Yes sir. 
    Okay, you've convinced me...I'm gonna head over to Hattie B's on the West side...I hope there's not a big wait...I'm ready to put the hurt on some bird. I'll do the steak when I get back home. I won't lie, some of those menus for the Steak joints was pretty tempting...pretty pricey as well!!
  • @Jonnysouth don't stress the wait if there is one. It goes fast. (Also leave now)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• THEBuckeyeTHEBuckeye Posts: 4,043
    edited May 2017
    Flemings - West End (Vanderbilt) . Jimmy Kelly's is old school but Ponderosa Steak House. 

New Albany, Ohio 

May ya just have to take another order back with me to the hotel!!

May ya just have to take another order back with me to the hotel!!
    Ol' Doubleegger wouldn't steer you wrong. 
    Thanks for all the responses...I get to Nashville generally a few times each year....nice to know some places other than McDonalds and Subway!! I'll check some of the other places out on other visits. When my wife joins me I'll take her to one of those pricier places!!
    edited May 2017
    glad you enjoyed the bird. Peg Leg Porker has some good dry ribs and smoked green beans the next time you need a quick bite. 
    Nice choice.. Enjoy Nashville. It's a great city. 
    Martin's BBQ does whole hog pulled pork and worth a stop for a sammich. Peg leg for ribs for sure 
    Franklin, Tn

Martin's BBQ does whole hog pulled pork and worth a stop for a sammich. Peg leg for ribs for sure    Where are you in Tennessee?