Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL BGE top ring???

Options
B747crew
B747crew Posts: 158
edited May 2017 in Off Topic
I just took delivery of my new XL BGE. Isn't the new XL supposed to have the improved top band with the clips on it??? This one doesn't...... What to do??

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I could be mistaken but I think they only changed the large band recently. It actually looks like the XL band with the springs on the sides. I think the clips you are referring to only exist on the new large band. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    The bands were for the large. Put that baby together and start cooking in style. Congrats on the new egg. XL and medium is a killer combo. 
  • B747crew
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • B747crew
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Maybe someone with a new large with the clips will trade even up with you...
    LOL  ...... My son gets the New Large ( killer deal ) Medium is sold. I get the new XL. Everybody's happy and ready to cook up a storm.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    B747crew said:
    Jeremiah said:
    LOL  ...... My son gets the New Large ( killer deal ) Medium is sold. I get the new XL. Everybody's happy and ready to cook up a storm.
    You're gonna kick yourself in the ass for selling that medium...
  • B747crew
    Options
    Right now with the XL paid for my wife is thinking I'd better get some back in the bank pronto. I'll rethink the medium later. Cooking Chicken on the inaugural trip of the mother ship....
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    B747crew said:
    I just took delivery of my new XL BGE. Isn't the new XL supposed to have the improved top band with the clips on it??? This one doesn't...... What to do??
    My XL band hasn't budged since assembly. I still check to avoid disaster, but it's solid.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    lol ... you are too much!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • B747crew
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Jeremiah said:
    lol ... you are too much!
    Oh Yea Jeremiah  is a riot   LOL
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    You'll love the XL! It also pairs well with a Weber kettle! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • B747crew
    edited May 2017
    Options
    First cook done.  Cast iron skillet butter sautéed vidalia onion , mushroom and rosemary; Grilled olive oil garlic and sea salt asparagus;  open dome flame sheered Montreal seasoned  t-bones. Turned out great. Love being able to cook several things at the same time.  Low and slo Butts for life group Sunday is next....Love the XL
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    B747crew said:
    First cook done.  Cast iron skillet butter sautéed vidalia onion , mushroom and rosemary; Grilled olive oil garlic and sea salt asparagus;  open dome flame sheered Montreal seasoned  t-bones. Turned out great. Love being able to cook several things at the same time.  Low and slo Butts for life group Sunday is next....Love the XL
    That sounds like a delicious way to break her in. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Good start with that XL. Love my mediums but sometimes wish I had more cooking space.
  • Genesis
    Genesis Posts: 16
    Options
    I bought an XL a few weeks ago, it also did not come with the retainer clips or bands attached to the handle that help contain the lid.  I emailed customer support and they sent me a new handle that does contain these additional lid keepers.