Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib Cook and Blackstone Breakfast

Not a bad way to start the day. Woke up, coffee, decided to fire up the LBGE for ribs.......then got hungry for breakfast. Lol I must admit, I am not the best with ribs...still learning, trying to see what works and doesn't. These guys went on at 8:10am EST. 

Keeping it simple....yellow mustard & Southern Links BBQ rub. 

I think I went a little too heavy on the BBQ Rub....oh well let's see how they turn out. 

Oh here is breakfast on the Blackstone, man I love Saturday mornings!  (3rd Blackstone cook) (Turkey Bacon.....trying to be somewhat healthy lol)

Comments

• CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    Looks like you have Saturday well figured
    out.  A couple of those eggs with a little of that bacon and the smell of the ribs going, yup, that's a fine way to start a day. Nice
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Not so sure about the turkey bacon, ;) but the rest of it looks WONDERFUL!  Great job!
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    see ya on diners drive-ins and dives with that line up

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• UncleBilly
    UncleBilly Posts: 225
    Breakfast looks great & your ribs look PDG too!  I've kind of been looking at those Blackstones.  I've got a Camp Chef 2 burner unit and a gas grill that I've used my 2 cast iron griddles on.  Any point (read - advantage) in adding a Blackstone to the lineup?  
    XL  Central Ohio
  • SBGonzo
    SBGonzo Posts: 137
    It was literally my 3rd cook on the Blackstone, really enjoying it, it's fun to cook on. I was worried about it being too large....but in the end, glad I got the 4 burner 36inch. I say, if you have room it why not. Especially if you like using your 2 cast iron griddles.
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    SBGonzo said:
    Glazed one rack with Martin's Sweet Dixie BBQ Sauce

So what part of Middle TN do you reside? Or are you one of the lucky ones that was sent that delicious sauce? Im dying to try Martins Devils Dust on some wings very soon. 
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Breakfast looks great & your ribs look PDG too!  I've kind of been looking at those Blackstones.  I've got a Camp Chef 2 burner unit and a gas grill that I've used my 2 cast iron griddles on.  Any point (read - advantage) in adding a Blackstone to the lineup?  
    Only if you need the space. 
  • SBGonzo said:
    Not a bad way to start the day. Woke up, coffee, decided to fire up the LBGE for ribs.......then got hungry for breakfast. Lol I must admit, I am not the best with ribs...still learning, trying to see what works and doesn't. These guys went on at 8:10am EST. 

Keeping it simple....yellow mustard & Southern Links BBQ rub. 

I think I went a little too heavy on the BBQ Rub....oh well let's see how they turn out. 

Oh here is breakfast on the Blackstone, man I love Saturday mornings!  (3rd Blackstone cook) (Turkey Bacon.....trying to be somewhat healthy lol)

Where'd the egg hickamadoogers come from?
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • SBGonzo
    Sorry for the late reply, I have been out of town working. 

Central_Bama_Egger - I just bought some "egg rings" from Amazon. Went with the silicone version, that you can throw in the dishwasher. 

TN Sister State - I live in Atlanta, I use to go up to Nashville for work and happen to find Martin's.....big fan. Lol 

Cheers and Egg On! 
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    TN Sister State - I live in Atlanta, I use to go up to Nashville for work and happen to find Martin's.....big fan. Lol 

Cheers and Egg On! 
    Hard to beat their whole hog pork.....
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• SBGonzo

Cheers and Egg On! 
    Hard to beat their whole hog pork.....
    Your right! 

• Looks great (except for the facon...I always try to get on board with it. I just assume eat an extra egg. Something about the texture reminds me of...bad breakfast.)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SBGonzo
    edited May 2017
    Looks great (except for the facon...I always try to get on board with it. I just assume eat an extra egg. Something about the texture reminds me of...bad breakfast.)
    Yeah I am not a huge fan of Turkey Bacon....but I eat it from time to time....my poor attempt to be healthy lol