Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Info on Turks and Caicos

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
4 adults plus two teens and going late July early Aug. Never been but the beaches are calling me (Seaside will have to wait). 
Any info from where to stay that you liked and what to do. Will stay on Prvo (spelling). 
Thanks
Mickey
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Mickey, we will give you call.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Was there last year- we went with a group and rented a house instead of staying in a hotel. We stayed on the main island- things to do:

Rent a car- cabs are crazy expensive 

go have a drink at Amanyara resort- beautiful resort at the end of the island.  Go for the sunset. Very cool resort but a little difficult to get to (lots of dirt roads but extremely nice place- rooms are like $3k/night but drinks were more reasonable) 

Go to dinner at coco bistro- great meal

we went chartered a boat- went snorkeling and then they cooked dinner on a deserted beach- awesome evening

have a great time- inner island was pretty arid but beaches are awesome

Greensboro, NC
  • Mickey
    @Wolfpack we are more likely to go VRBO or whatever house. Where did you stay and what beach? 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Wolfpack
    We had 7 couples and rented an 8 bedroom place.  I will try to find the name of the house but sounds like it might be bigger than you need. I will warn you- the rental fee only includes a certain amount of electricity for the AC- anything above that gets charged as additional.  We ran mainly only at night. 

The house was away from the resort area and the beach wasn't as nice but we had a private beach completely to ourselves so it balanced out.  
    Greensboro, NC
  • Mickey
    Wolfpack said:
    We had 7 couples and rented an 8 bedroom place.  I will try to find the name of the house but sounds like it might be bigger than you need. I will warn you- the rental fee only includes a certain amount of electricity for the AC- anything above that gets charged as additional.  We ran mainly only at night. 

The house was away from the resort area and the beach wasn't as nice but we had a private beach completely to ourselves so it balanced out.  
    If doing over what beach would you want to stay? 

• Wolfpack
    Depends what you want- some of the smaller islands have very nice secluded beaches but many of those islands are remote (meaning no restaurants, etc). Our beach was very nice just not as deep as Grace Bay Area.

But you cant go wrong anywhere on the islands- beautiful water and white sandy beaches. You will have a blast. Tons of iguanas roaming the beaches on the secluded islands. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • CarolinaCrazy
    CarolinaCrazy Posts: 585
    We stayed at Coral Gardens - 
    http://www.coralgardens.com/

It was 5 years ago, so not sure how much it has changed

I actually rented thru HomeAway, not the corp website, but that site gives you good details about the place.

Great location right on Grace bay - spectacular beach
    Nice reef right in front of the place so the kids spent HOURs in the water
    Nice restaurant on site.

Pool was decent, but not spectacular.

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • AppStateDDS
    AppStateDDS Posts: 100
    Was just there three weeks ago.  Stayed at Seven Stars resort.  It's a bit pricey but everything on the island seems to be.  I'll stay there again.  Rent a car for sure, as cabs are entirely overpriced.  We did a half day charter/excursion that we'd recommend (snorkeling, lunch and beer/rum punch served).  

Restaurant wise we liked Las Brisas for lunch, and Turks Kebab too though it's a very small joint.  Caicos Cafe was our favorite dinner with Coco Bistro good also.  Joints we went to for mainly for drinks - Hemingways, Somewhere, Kalookis, Conch Shack - really nothing special with these places but all have essentially beach side settings so good scenery.  

Definitely a a great place to get away.  Enjoy your trip!  
    Stuart
    Burlington/Alamance County, NC
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Mickey, went to Provo for twenty years in a row, over Christmas.  Last time was 5 years ago.  Graces Cottage, maybe Coco Bistro. Shark bite is great for lunch.  The Italian place by turtle Cove is legit.  Best I can recall.  There was a place called Cocos Bistro that was great, as long as you don't mind cats between your feet.  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Photo Egg
    edited May 2017
    Mickey,
    We were there last June for 2 weeks. We spent most of our time at a friends place on Middle Caicos. To say this Island was rustic would be and under statement. But it was the most beautiful place I have ever been. The beach was amazing. If you get a chance for a day trip to Dragon Cay at Mudjin Harbor  take it The most photographed natural wonder in the Turks and Caicos Islands. The couple people you see in the photos were with us.

Middle Caicos has no mail service of any kind. Our friends house was known as blue house on the hill, bottle creek. June was off season so the Island was deserted and hot...

The last 4 days we spent back on Provo. I researched relentlessly before I picked the Beach House Turks and Caicos.
    This is a very small boutique resort. Just over 20 rooms. I did not want to stay at a big fancy 20 story resort. This place was fantastic. Only a very short walk to every part of the resort and the beach.
    We always had lawn chairs with our room name on them, right on the beach.
    Rooms were large with big refrigerator and microwave. Staff was fantastic.
    This resort has 2 sister resorts. Free shuttle to other resorts. We used these to sight see. Bicycles could be checked out at any of the 3 resorts. Short bike ride to a nice modern grocery store and other small shops from Beach House.
    View from large balcony of our room.

Check out the links below.
    The restaurant at Beach House was excellent but nothing special. We were given a breakfast credit each morning that made it almost free. We normally just ate a sandwich and chips for lunch. We stocked up at grocery store. We then splurged for dinner.
    Their Blue Haven Resort is large and right next to the Marina. Great place to catch a drink and a sunset. They also have a nice store/shop. Nice selection of everything. This shop would have been an oasis if it was on Middle Caicos.lol
    Don't bother with shopping except for little souvenir junk. EVERYTHING is expensive and there is nothing special to buy at the Turks. Honestly, same with restaurants. You are there for the beaches and the view.
    We can talk later. Lora can give you an earful as well.lol
    Don't skip Jimmie's Dive Bar for a drink. We also ate dinner at an upstairs place next door. It was really good as well.

Beach House Turks and Caicos
    218 Lower Bight Road, Providenciales Turks and Caicos
    https://www.beachhousetci.com
    https://www.beachhousetci.com/turks-and-caicos-collection

The Collection consists of three Turks and Caicos resorts – Alexandra Resort, Beach House Turks and Caicos, and Blue Haven Resort. We represent three unique beachfront resorts, three distinct experiences and one extraordinary service philosophy.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Sounds like you're pretty set on TnC but if I could recommend somewhere else, are you open to going to Galveston? 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Mickey
    thetrim said:
    Sounds like you're pretty set on TnC but if I could recommend somewhere else, are you open to going to Galveston? 
    Thanks but do Galveston a lot. 

• Mickey
    @Photo Egg Darian thanks so much buddy. Will add this to the grinder. 
    Not sure if I told you but Mike and I plus wives are headed down to visit Beli in June for a few days. 

• Photo Egg
    Mickey said:
    @Photo Egg Darian thanks so much buddy. Will add this to the grinder. 
    Not sure if I told you but Mike and I plus wives are headed down to visit Beli in June for a few days. 
    Mickey...that will be a fantastic trip to visit Beli. I'm envious.  
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Leaving on my first cruise tomorrow. Maybe one day I'll be able to do something like this. Looks beautiful. 
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I've never been to TnC,but Jost Van Dyke is may fav Caribbean Isle.   I don't know of a bad spot in that part of the world.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95