Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Georgia Mountain Eggfest--Just 5 weeks away, Time to Plan Your Trip

Options
Well it is that time of year again--5 weeks from today is the Georgia Mountain Eggfest on May 20, 2017--the "best of the fests"  in my opinion.  The setting is beautiful, the tasters nice, the Friday night meet greet and eat is free and fun, and the whole thing gets bigger and better each year.  John Hall does a great job setting this up each year.  So if you don't have it on your calendar yet, you should seriously consider adding it.  

We will be there cooking again, so stop by and say hello.  You can't miss the tiger paw tent and orange balloons.  Will be cooking some ABT's finished with raspberry chipotle sauce, cast iron skillet shrimp and grits. cuban sandwiches (with mojo pork butt cooked all night Friday night since John provides access and security for overnight cooks), and some thin crust grilled pizzas--seafood, moroccan chicken with honey curry glaze, etc.

Here is the event site link and second two links are Kristi's great photo essays from last 2 years.  I can smell the smoke and food already.

Hope to see you there, Smokin' Tiger 81 

(heck, we even feed Gamecock fans, they need a few crumbs lately)

Comments

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    I'll be there!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Well it is that time of year again--5 weeks from today is the Georgia Mountain Eggfest on May 20, 2017--the "best of the fests"  in my opinion.  The setting is beautiful, the tasters nice, the Friday night meet greet and eat is free and fun, and the whole thing gets bigger and better each year.  John Hall does a great job setting this up each year.  So if you don't have it on your calendar yet, you should seriously consider adding it.  

We will be there cooking again, so stop by and say hello.  You can't miss the tiger paw tent and orange balloons.  Will be cooking some ABT's finished with raspberry chipotle sauce, cast iron skillet shrimp and grits. cuban sandwiches (with mojo pork butt cooked all night Friday night since John provides access and security for overnight cooks), and some thin crust grilled pizzas--seafood, moroccan chicken with honey curry glaze, etc.

Here is the event site link and second two links are Kristi's great photo essays from last 2 years.  I can smell the smoke and food already.

Hope to see you there, Smokin' Tiger 81 

Thank you for the plug, Greg........Look forward to seeing you again. Oh, and I plan to be there as well~~!! :)
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    Anytime John.  Extremely relieved to hear you will be there--lol
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Oh Kay and I will be there as well, we love this fest.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Staygold
    Staygold Posts: 45
    Options
    Bought my large there last year. Planning on going back to enjoy some eats this year!
    LBGE #76 Georgia Mountain Eggfest 2016
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    Jim.  Look forward to seeing you and everyone   This year won't rely on Kym to deliver you a cuban. Lol.  And event is 4 weeks away not 5.   I messed that up
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options
    I will be going this year and it will be my first Eggfest. Always have wanted to go but never have been able to. Made it a priority this year. 
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    GaBGE--I think you made a great choice for your first fest.  Stop by and say hello (if you can stand the orange)
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options
    SmokinTiger81 - I will definitely stop by and say hello. I'm used to seeing the ugly orange, I live in Ga but probably closer to clempson than Athens.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Looking forward to meeting everyone!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• SmokinTiger81
    Options
    BB66--see you there too.  If the weather is good it just does not get any better.
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Greg:

We will be there this year after missing the last couple!!!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    We'll be there keeping @piney out of trouble again.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • b0atnutz
    b0atnutz Posts: 34
    Options
    Kim and Jerry coming this year looking forward to seeing everyone again been a while. Coming in from NJ on Friday. see you then 
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    Jay.  That's great.  Glad you will be back.  And all who chimed in as well
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    We'll be there keeping @piney out of trouble again.
    If it wasn't for you and Nicole I don't know what Sandy and I would have done last year. Many thanks! 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited April 2017
    Options

I was planin on attending this year....but if I got to look at that orange and listen to all that Nati Champ crap....I may need to rethink my decision. Only kidding....will be there with bells on.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    NorthGa, I hear ya.  Actually I try not to rib anyone too hard at eggfests--everyone's blood runs green at an eggfest so we can all enjoy it (well, except Ala fans since last year they gave me grief--they get it back in spades this year. LOL)
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    NorthGa, I hear ya.  Actually I try not to rib anyone too hard at eggfests--everyone's blood runs green at an eggfest so we can all enjoy it (well, except Ala fans since last year they gave me grief--they get it back in spades this year. LOL)
    Yeah Greg we missed you guys at March Madness!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    Jim, that's ok, we missed your team at the 56-7 thrashing at Death Valley--the worst defeat ever of an SEC team by an ACC team.  Oh wait, guess they were there in order to score 7.  LOL.  
    PS--how does a Gamecock get in the end zone at Clemson?-riding on the back of Mike Williams.  
    I am sure you would like to see that clip again--williams gives him a ride from 5 year line all the way to pay dirt:  http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18144098
    Look forward to seeing you in Hiawassee, will leave the video clips at home.
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    Jim--ps, we will be in booth #11 again if you decide to move up closer to the front this year.  I think you were trying to do that.  Greg
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    We are cooking next to Piney and BGEBrent this year. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    Options
    We had a really good time last year and are coming back this year with two from Cincinnati and 3 from Maine. Look forward to seeing folks there.
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    Jim--That sounds great, see you there.  Can't remember where Piney normally cooks off top of my head.