Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ot: new toy Jeep

Options

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    Zippylip said:

two dudes, unencumbered by what 'society' thinks.  top down.  wind in our hair.

just throwin it out there.  also, steven kicked me out of his basement.  so.  in between situations at the moment
    hahaha that's good stuff.  On a semi-related topic I'm pricing a peel and stick man-bun, tryina update my look to go along with my new ride but can't grow enough of a wad of hair to do it right

I told him at the outset...no using any of the upstairs bathrooms but he was sneaking in during the day when we were at work. Norma finally  nixed the deal. I mean, she had to plunge them, I have a weak stomach.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Zippylip said:

just throwin it out there.  also, steven kicked me out of his basement.  so.  in between situations at the moment
    hahaha that's good stuff.  On a semi-related topic I'm pricing a peel and stick man-bun, tryina update my look to go along with my new ride but can't grow enough of a wad of hair to do it right

I told him at the outset...no using any of the upstairs bathrooms but he was sneaking in during the day when we were at work. Norma finally  nixed the deal. I mean, she had to plunge them, I have a weak stomach.
    he's a filthy animal, takes pride in that sort of thing not to mention photos, videos & so forth
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    Zippylip said:

he's a filthy animal, takes pride in that sort of thing not to mention photos, videos & so forth
    Hurtful and spiteful. Next you will be making fun of the pixel resolution of my ten year old photos of aged beef. 

• Little Steven
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    Zippylip said:

The poetic descriptions are what really bother me. 

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• znagle28
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    znagle28 said:
    Look into fluid filming the undercarriage of your jeep. I did mine in the spring and before winter. The thread below has all you need. Short story it's much better than traditional udnercoating and protects from salt and dirt. Keep that thing rust free. Wranglerforum is also the mecca of everything you'll ever need, beware though it's just like this website. You find something new you want to buy every day...

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/the-end-all-fluid-film-thread-1267809.html
    so yea I joined that forum, read the thread & added a few $10 cans of Fluid Film to the shopping list as it's clearly a necessity; oh, of course now I'll need a car lift (& a bigger garage to erect it in) to properly apply the film so my initial modest investment will no doubt cost me $75,000 by the time all is said & done  :s=)

Can't take it witcha
    First time I fluid filmed mine I just laid on the driveway and went to town. Ended up covered in the stuff. I wore glasses and one of those disposable paint masks. The second time I did it (last month) I brought it out to work and the semi repair shop has a pit that you can drive over and stand underneath the Jeep. Much easier... I was originally going to buy some ramps so it would be easier to crawl under.

Mines my daily driver and I live in Toledo where salt is on the ground for around 4-5 months of the year. The rest of the time it'll be protected from dirt/mud and make it easier to clean after going offroad.

I'd rather spend $80 a year and protect my frame from rotting out. Much easier to sell and I can get top dollar out of it.
  • Zippylip
    Options
    so I ate my words & took it off-road this past weekend, Rausch Creek in PA, now I realize I need 600 more things for it to add to the 20 things I already did to it, this thing is gonna be a far worse money suck than the egg.  Just a short video, stayed on the green beginner trails all day, will step up to the intermediate ones next outing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRrGWqXddCo

happy in the hut
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Would be a blast taking the jeep across the creek in Salado...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    thats certainly different than the way i drove mine thru the woods this winter ;) just saw it online in a coparts auction, its at $1350 right now, almost thinking on bidding for it =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Zippylip
    Options
    thats certainly different than the way i drove mine thru the woods this winter ;) just saw it online in a coparts auction, its at $1350 right now, almost thinking on bidding for it =)
    sounds like you treat it like a rental, that's cool - to each his own, maybe after I bang it up a few more times I will too (ripped the front right flare half off & nearly took the fender with it on Saturday  =) ),  I still like it all banged back straight & shiny too:

happy in the hut
  • fishlessman
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    sounds like you treat it like a rental, that's cool - to each his own, maybe after I bang it up a few more times I will too (ripped the front right flare half off & nearly took the fender with it on Saturday  =) ),  I still like it all banged back straight & shiny too:

i rolled it over driving home, thru a snow bank, thru several trees, down a hill, and into a swamp. didnt know h2 sut's were that tippy. 24k worth of damage :o  had it 10 days. kept the spare tire and swing out carrier, now looking to replace all the other parts
    fukahwee maine

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    i rolled it over driving home, thru a snow bank, thru several trees, down a hill, and into a swamp. didnt know h2 sut's were that tippy. 24k worth of damage :o  had it 10 days. kept the spare tire and swing out carrier, now looking to replace all the other parts
    You could try calling Bruce at the mothership.  From what I hear, it is hit or miss.  You never know, you could get lucky!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Zippylip
    Options
    Zippylip said:

oddly enough that's the part i need most, this one came with a useless undersized spare on the stock carrier & even it was too big & causing problems with my tailgate hinges, then I picked up a full size spare which absolutely necessitates a new bumper/swing out carrier... for the time being I'll just toss the spare in the back when needed until i can pick one of these up
    happy in the hut
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    Zippylip said:

oddly enough that's the part i need most, this one came with a useless undersized spare on the stock carrier & even it was too big & causing problems with my tailgate hinges, then I picked up a full size spare which absolutely necessitates a new bumper/swing out carrier... for the time being I'll just toss the spare in the back when needed until i can pick one of these up
    i kept it because the insurance settlement said it wasnt an up grade even though it cost the original owner 1800 bucks. im sure ill get 600 to 800 for it with the rim, full size bfg, swing arm and lock etc.  or find another one without the carrier which is what i need to do =)
    fukahwee maine

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    Yo Zippy - justgottaask...what were you listening to? Sounded like some jungle rock. Or is that music to chase ambulances by?  =)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I had a 74 fj back in high school and still regret selling it. Nothing more fun than a 4x4 with no top.

Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Options
    Bottom Mango Tango is my current JEEP since having 2 small kids.  Lots of fun..
  • Zippylip
    Options
    Lowflyer said:
    what color is the tj, that's nice
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    Options

took some doing to get all the mud off
    happy in the hut
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    Lowflyer said:
    what color is the tj, that's nice
    Not sure of the factory color name of it. 
    Loved that TJ. 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    I had a 74 fj back in high school and still regret selling it. Nothing more fun than a 4x4 with no top.

looks just like my 72 =) i need to find the time to start working on it again

Image result for jeep fishlessman
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,046
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This thread got me cruising craigslist.  Unfortunately, the only jeeps they allow in my town must be made of platinum and gold.  213K miles = $12,000 for basic 2 door.  Seriously?  Wish I had invested in Jeeps.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • victor1
    victor1 Posts: 225
    Options
    Jeeps are great.  I bought my wife a 2004 in '04 as a surprise.  We store it winters and right now has just under 24K miles.  Color is lime green...dealer said "don't order, color is too ugly."  When it came in, they could of sold it 5 times before I picked it up.  We still get random offers to buy.  My wife says "NO"    lots of fun.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,046
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Just got our mall crawler yesterday.  Had 10 miles on the OD.  Now it has 84.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options

Nice Rubicon I got mine back in October saving for a lift and tires right now.  Pulled the top for the summer (it's not a daily driver).  You'll love it.

And pics are out of order for sure 

• Zippylip
    Options

I can't see the mall in that shot, you may need to get a little closer. 

That's nice, looks like a lot of enjoyment on that trail.  I've got a trip planned for Saturday, actually an instructional outing.  TJ is all tweaked up & ready to roll:

happy in the hut
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    Possibilities are endless with a jeep!  Looks like you got a good project or just a nice ride to kick around in!
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • Zippylip
    Options
    Jai-Bo said:
    Possibilities are endless with a jeep!  Looks like you got a good project or just a nice ride to kick around in!
    in my case both; didn't really need much when I picked it up except gears that matched the 33 inch tires, but of course once the differentials were open I took the opportunity to add air lockers & bigger hardened axles too, plus a few other odds & ends.
    happy in the hut
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I am a former Jeep owner....had the last model before the modernized the look. Sold it to my daughter after someone hit her. I will have another one day,
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • tz666
    tz666 Posts: 404
    Options
     added some 33s with rockstar 2 on the Wifes JK, mall parking can be crazy. Installed the TerraFlex 1.5" lift to make room. I had to trim the pplastic air dam under the motor because it rubbed. No seped bump will stop her now

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I was on Craig's List looking at Wranglers this morning. I really feel like I need one. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC