Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Balsamic Glaze Pizza (à la @Eggucator)

Options
That looked so good, I decided to try a similar one last night. Couldn't find any arugula so I used spinach, low moisture mozz instead of burrata and bacon instead of prosciutto. Oh, and some red onions. The other ingredients the same. Store bought dough, though I do want to try the recipe you posted.

The balsamic glaze was interesting. First time I've made that. Is it supposed to get rock hard after it cools? Or did I do something wrong? Cook it too long or too hot maybe? A few seconds in the microwave and it was fine.

450° on a steel for a few minutes, then I turned on the broiler to finish. Underside was a bit underdone for my taste. Next time, maybe I'll heat the steel to 500-550°. Yes, in my oven - the only place I do them any more. =) Anyway, here's mine. Thanks @Eggucator, for the ideas and the recipe!

PS: Same old wooden peel and a dusting of flour to prevent sticking. Works every time! =) 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    It looks good, Q. No arugula in Connecticut?? That's weird.

I'm still surprised that you haven't burned the house down yet!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    It looks good, Q. No arugula in Connecticut?? That's weird.

I'm still surprised that you haven't burned the house down yet!
    Oh, we have arugula. I just didn't see any at this store. Could've just missed it I guess.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Eggucator
    Eggucator Posts: 226
    Options
    Looks good!  
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Should get hard but not unmanageable. I keep mine in the fridge and it will still squirt out like molasses. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Bravo .... simply Bravo
    Seattle, WA
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Should get hard but not unmanageable. I keep mine in the fridge and it will still squirt out like molasses. 
    No squirting here. Like peanut brittle. Hard as a rock. Heating makes it runny again.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Pretty pie brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga