Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is the Best Blackstone griddle out there?

Options
Sorry for not searching, but my wife is ready to buy me one and I know I saw a tabletop 22" 2 burner one here earlier and now I don't see it. I want it for cooking at home and taking on camping trips. Looking to see what deals you guys found out there. Thanks in advance!

I am also not set on blackstone, I am looking for other brands if you guys like one more than the other.  I just have seen that you all really like them and as Eggers, I know we take our cooking more serious than others. 

I am not opposed to the giant one on amazon, but the tabletops seem easier to use all around. 
https://www.amazon.com/Blackstone-Outdoor-Grill-Griddle-Station/dp/B00DYN0438/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491252507&sr=8-1&keywords=blackstone

This one just doesn't seem as portable. However the cooking space is nice. 

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

Comments

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    How many people do,you typically feed? If 3 or less the smaller would be good. If many more you can't go wrong with the 36". Regardless you will enjoy it.
    Snellville, GA

• michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Options
    How many people do,you typically feed? If 3 or less the smaller would be good. If many more you can't go wrong with the 36". Regardless you will enjoy it.
    Typically 4 to 7. But we do have people over on weekends and when camping we have good groups also. 

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    If you have the room and the money for the 36" I say go for it. You won't ever have to question weather or not you should have gotten the larger one. It travels fairly well too. Also search this site for blackstone threads. These guys really bring it when it comes to blackstone meals.
    Snellville, GA

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    They also have a 28", and it's on the web site and available everywhere.
    Looks like the 22" was a special run just for the shopping channel and they are sold out.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • michigan_jason
    Options
    I know, I saw them before. Wife just said give her a quick answer because she can get the 36 for half of retail. Not sure how, one of her contacts from work i'm guessing. 

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    The 36 is absolutely fantastic... go big or go home...  ;)
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • michigan_jason
    Options
    Do you guys know if it can be used like the tabletop or if it needs the cart attached? Anyone have one of them? I would rather sit it on a picnic table if possible. Less to store. 

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the 28 is built just like the 36. And I took the pins out of the legs on my 36 and it sits on a table. I've got a picture somewhere. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    This isn't the picture I was thinking about but you can see it on the right. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    You can fold up the legs on the 28" and 36" for traveling 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • michigan_jason
    Options
    Ok, I think I am going to go with the 36" it is only $110 after my wife's discount. Thanks guys. I just need to modify the grease drain, no biggie!

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    You're gonna love it!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Ok, I think I am going to go with the 36" it is only $110 after my wife's discount. Thanks guys. I just need to modify the grease drain, no biggie!

$110!!!! You'd be nuts for not jumping on that.  Congrats, and enjoy the heck out of it.

Phoenix 
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    Options
    Dang, that is an amazing price. I would jump all over that. Best price I have found around here is well more than twice that.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    For that price, buy 4 of em. Sell the other 3 on here for $150 + shipping. Everybody wins and yours is free! :rofl:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• michigan_jason
    Options
    For that price, buy 4 of em. Sell the other 3 on here for $150 + shipping. Everybody wins and yours is free! :rofl:
    I just asked my wife to see if there was a limit at that price, we will see what her contact says. If I can get multiple, ill get myself 2 and maybe a few more. 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Turning opportunity to your advantage. =)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    You gonna like it a lot!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    That's a steal!
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Well, seeing I just ordered a 17" today for the two of us I'm going to say 17! LOL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Does BS advise using the BSs without legs?
    That's an awful lot of heat on high, with nowhere to go, especially on wood.  My shelf on the 28 picks up heat.  Be careful @Jeremiah.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Jeremiah
    Options
    I am @focker.  I've become real OCD about it all, especially on a wood deck. 
  • RRP
    Options
    Oh sh*t! I bought that 17" today assuming it was safe on a picnic table or in my case sitting on my wooden side shelf. Now do I have to buy some heat shield to sit it on? Please advise as I may just try to cancel this purchase! Or should I build some framework to sit the BS on to straddle my large egg? 
  • Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    Options
    Ron isn't the 17 made to be used on a table top?
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    RRP said:
    Oh sh*t! I bought that 17" today assuming it was safe on a picnic table or in my case sitting on my wooden side shelf. Now do I have to buy some heat shield to sit it on? Please advise as I may just try to cancel this purchase! Or should I build some framework to sit the BS on to straddle my large egg? 
    You'll be fine.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     I have a 36" and a 28" Blackstone griddle. The 36" is so much more versatile. The extra space allows a big spread of food with direct contact. You also can set up a much better temperature gradient from side to side to have a "cool zone" for holding things or slowing cooks down and a hot side for searing. If you have the space it is a no brainer top choice. But it is not the easiest thing to carry around if you want to take it on any outings. 

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    That's a smoking deal. I'd go 36 for sure.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    RRP said:
    Calm down Ron. Remember heat rises. If you're really worried about it, get a 20x20 piece of granite/ concrete paver to go under it. 
  • RRP
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    RRP said:
    Calm down Ron. Remember heat rises. If you're really worried about it, get a 20x20 piece of granite/ concrete paver to go under it. 
    LOL - I R calm

@HeavyG said ok and by then I had read the Q&A at Amazon. Finally after 40 or 50 repetitious questions somebody asked the lower heat exposure question.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    I wrote to BS a while back and asked them if I could use the 17 on a glass top patio table. They said...

"We have not done a lot of testing about cooking on glass. We have cooked on a plastic surface have not noticed any damage so I would not think there would be too much damage to your glass top. If you are highly concerned I would check the temperature periodically or place the griddle on a wood cutting board."

Michael 
    Central Connecticut