Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest San Diego

Options
I see the first san diego egg fest is coming. Is eggfest Worth it ?  =)

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Yes, when your at an Eggfest, your among friends - these are my people! Go, you will not regret hanging out and talking to fellow eggers.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  
    Definitely worth it for several reasons; outdoors in San Diego, lots of people with like-minded interest cooking great food that you get to sample, opportunity to be exposed to more BGE cooking/use/recipe info than you can consume in one shot, likely some deals on BGE and after-market toys. Hopefully cold adult beverages available.  I'm sure there are many more but that's a good collection of reasons to go.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    Will someone let me in on the secret? I've lived in San Diego for 40+ years and have never heard of an Eggfest here.
    Judy in San Diego
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Will someone let me in on the secret? I've lived in San Diego for 40+ years and have never heard of an Eggfest here.
    I guess that's why she said it was the first.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    I have been to 8 or 9 Eggfests so far, and cooked at about 6 of them. The Egghead community is a great bunch. I did not really know what I was getting into on my first fest but I jumped in and cooked anyway. I have learned a bunch about cooking at Eggfests and met some great people. If you do not have an Egg yet, or want another one, the Eggs are pre-sold before the fest at a discount and you can pick them up at the end of the fest. 
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Be sure to eat at Hoedad's in San Diego....incredible burgers
  • Elizabethbiggreen15
    Options
    Yes, they are amazing! 
    Best burgers in San Diego. 

• westernbbq
    Options
    Yes, they are amazing! 

Love that place

Taco surf is great too

I heard French Pastry Shoppe in La Jolla closed?  Do you know anything about this?  Their food was incredible
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    I like Hodad's but I think Rocky's is the best burger in SD. 
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • westernbbq
    Options
    @Brason, never heard of it but will be getting to Rockys this summer for sure!
  • Brason
    Options
    @westernbbq It is in Pacific Beach. Check it out. Better yet let me know when you are in town and i'll join you!
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • Brason
    Options
    @westernbbq It is in Pacific Beach. Check it out. Better yet let me know when you are in town and i'll join you!
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • westernbbq
    Options
    Brason said:
    awesome @Brason.   I love PB, and last summer we spent a week in Mission.  SD is a place i hate visiting because i dont want to leave!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    So what's the secret making this Hoedad or Hodad's burgers so good? 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • westernbbq
    Options
    @RRP, they use fresh ingredients and the burgers are just ridiculous.  To me, the best and i mean perfect hamburger fast food wise is a double double from In N Out Burger.  Lettuce, spread, tomato and onion (raw) with thin seared patties and gooey melted cheese that actually has cheese flavor.  The way its arranged on that perfect sponge dough lighly toasted bun is a sensory overload for burger lovers.

Hodads is a mega casual sit down joint, patties are thick, seared perfectly and have a craggy surface texture without the interior of the burger being dried out or rubbery.  Hodads is great after a long day on the water and they serve large burgers that are thick, and delicious.  I dont know what the meat blend is but it works.   Get their double cheeseburger, with everything on it.  be sure to take an extra lipitor when you eat there!

If youre ever in Napa, CA or San Francisco be sure to get a burger at Gotts.   that is the burger that id have if i was headed to the electric chair. Burger nirvana.

• BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    Options
    I have only gone to one in the Seattle area and will be out of town for the first one in my back yard! :-(  BTW, I'm in the Scripps Ranch area.
  • Egginitup1
    Options
    The website says its going to be held at a mall, anyone familiar with this place Hot Sauces and More? 

• Elizabethbiggreen15
    Options
    The website says its going to be held at a mall, anyone familiar with this place Hot Sauces and More? 

Yes, the company is called Hot Sauces N More they carried hot sauce, seasonings, all the Big green eggs, EGGcessories and more grilling supplies. 
    I visited the store last week to get more information about the EGGfest and they have everything for the big green egg. Also the owner is really nice he gave me some recipes and tips to cook.

And plus I bought my EGGfest ticket !!! 
  • Elizabethbiggreen15
    Options
    Yes, they are amazing! 

Love that place

Taco surf is great too

I heard French Pastry Shoppe in La Jolla closed?  Do you know anything about this?  Their food was incredible
    And no, I don't know anything about that place. But I need to go now. Thank you for the information! 
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    edited April 2017
    Options
    For everyone's information:

Hot Sauces N More is in the Otay Ranch mall, which is in the very far southeastern part of the developed county, far, far east and south of the beaches and nearer the mountains. I take 805 south to Olympic Pkwy. and it's an easy shot from there.

The store is located right next to the front door of Macy's. The Eggfest will be in the parking lot accessed by Town Center Drive, not the major entry road called Eastlake Parkway one block to the east. I believe the time is from 10 to 3.
    Judy in San Diego
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Y'all have a great time!  Good eats and friendships ahead.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga