Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Show me your set up...

Options
I don't know if these get posted here often, I'm kinda new, but show me your BBQ area set up...  I have a 10'x10' pad and want to build a table or two this summer.   I'm looking for ideas, and table layouts.   This is what I'm currently working with, minimax is joining the party new tuesday and that gas grill is just waiting for a new home. 

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    1) Greatest name ever. 

2) I am too ashamed of the condition of my set up to post. In the middle of a backyard makeover. Mulch piles everywhere, new grass growing, chairs getting repainted, new walkways going in, table is halfway built. 

Looks like a war zone. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• noveggske
    noveggske Posts: 38
    Options
    1) Greatest name ever. 

2) I am too ashamed of the condition of my set up to post. In the middle of a backyard makeover. Mulch piles everywhere, new grass growing, chairs getting repainted, new walkways going in, table is halfway built. 

Looks like a war zone. 
    1.) I like nice things....   

2.)  I get the feels.  
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm guessing you've seen a driveway before. I'll hold the pic. ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Slab, military surplus camp tables, and nests here.  I like to move things around.  Would love to add handlers at some point.  Had a table, tore it down, was a PITA to move around.  The paver slab in the background is for the KBQ.  Another Suncast shed holds the WSMs and kettles to the right on the slab.  Eggs get rolled under the overhang.  Not the fanciest, but gets the job done, in all weather conditions.  A new concrete slab is in the near future works , now that my kitchen has been addressed.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options

Morning noveggske:

My outdoor kitchen...

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• noveggske
    Options
    SSN686 said:

Morning noveggske:

My outdoor kitchen...

I have to say I'm a little jealous of that lay out....  
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I have pretty much what you have, large egg (with nest & mates) and a side table. Weber kettle instead of a gasser. Oh, and a Smokey Joe. Had a mini, but my dog devastated it. No roof. Nothing fancy, but I don't spend any more time there than I have to.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• noveggske
    Options
    Its my oasis when i need to unplug from IT job. 

That's a beautiful setup. 
  • noveggske
    Options
    I have pretty much what you have, large egg (with nest & mates) and a side table. Weber kettle instead of a gasser. Oh, and a Smokey Joe. Had a mini, but my dog devastated it. No roof. Nothing fancy, but I don't spend any more time there than I have to.
    When i post my gasser online I think i'll be asking for trades for a kettle or WSM.
  • TN_Sister_State
    Options
    Thanks @noveggske. My wife was the decorator, i just added the egg and table.  =)
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Color_My_World_Green
    Options
    I love seeing others outdoor kitchens. Thanks for sharing.
    Living life to the fullest in Savannah Georgia
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Options
    noveggske said:
    Its my oasis when i need to unplug from IT job. 

That's a beautiful setup. 
    You just let the smoke discolor the ceiling? I have wanted to do something like this, but wondered about the smoke. 

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Theophan Is that concrete or limestone counter top? How thick is it? Nice by the way.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • noveggske
    Options
    tamu2009 said:

Newly built this week. Can't wait to sand her down and break her in 
    I was thinking something like that but I don't have the overhang...  Why did you opt for no wheels or casters?  Just wanted it a little more stable?  I'm worried about the bottom rotting out.
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    noveggske said:
    tamu2009 said:

I was thinking something like that but I don't have the overhang...  Why did you opt for no wheels or casters?  Just wanted it a little more stable?  I'm worried about the bottom rotting out.
    I found on my old table with wheels that I just didnt move it all. It lived right to the right of the dart board and didnt move in 3 years. I was ready for something more perm and that would give me a lot more space to prep and serve on. Spend a lot of time on the patio. I'm not terribly worried about it rotting, made out of cedar and rarely get's wet. I did build in pieces so if bottom does rot, it shouldn't be that hard to replace
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    You guys who put them up against walls and under roofs, doesn't the smoke bother you or your guests? Not even considering the staining, but smoking out people trying to relax seems like a possibility. Maybe no one is allowed outside till it clears?

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to cook in it's current location, but my thought was if smoke collected to put a little fan behind the egg to blow it out from under the patio

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Lots of beautiful setups on here.  Apparently I should have paid more attention in college.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Kayak said:
    You guys who put them up against walls and under roofs, doesn't the smoke bother you or your guests? Not even considering the staining, but smoking out people trying to relax seems like a possibility. Maybe no one is allowed outside till it clears?

Mine has been in under my covered patio for three years and i use 4-6 times a week for cooking. No stains and the smoke isnt much due to the wind always pushing it out. I also have two ceiling fans out there which help too. My patio is open ended and basically a wind tunnel. The side you dont see opens to my backyard. 

Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options

im not one to gloat but i could sit here all season and watch the boats go by

I sure hope you don't get the egg on the left confused with the one on the right.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    tamu2009 said:

Found you dog...was roaming Galveston a couple weeks ago at a TAMUG Margi Gras fundraiser.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @Theophan Is that concrete or limestone counter top? How thick is it? Nice by the way.
    Thanks!  It cost me to have someone make it, but I feel a lot safer with the Eggs not on wood anymore.  Seen too many scary pictures of fires that started from grilling.

And it's neither: it's bluestone.  There's more discussion here, if you're interested, with a closer-up photo of the top itself.
  • ewyllins
    ewyllins Posts: 461
    Options