Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I made leftovers. Post your worst

Options
MaC122
MaC122 Posts: 797
this is left over brisket, turkey, and sausage with cold mac and cheese and slaw. I then topped it off with a mustard BBQ sauce. I then ate it. 

Thank you for your time. 
St. Johns County, Florida

Comments

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options

Steak salad
    Not enough steak.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,173
    Options
    Leftover smoked brats, diced with onions, bell pepper and other stuff, scrambled with a couple of eggs and topped with Tiger Sauce. Not very appetizing looking, but it was kinda tasty.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I ain't seen nothin I would categorize as "worst". I have seen a few I would call "lunch"  =)
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Mac and cheese, PP, slaw and candied jalapeños- topped with a little bone sucking sauce. It was actually not that bad. 

Greensboro, NC
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    This is one of the worst for you cooks I've made. A glazed doughnut cheeseburger with bacon. Than of course you need a side of bacon with the cheeseburger. We ended up with a box of glazed doughnies that we picked up on clearance or brought home from my wife's work. We usually don't buy multiple doughnuts so they eventually became buns

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Mac and cheese, PP, slaw and candied jalapeños- topped with a little bone sucking sauce. It was actually not that bad. 

Not that bad? I don't see how that could be anything short of wonderful.
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    This is one of the worst for you cooks I've made. A glazed doughnut cheeseburger with bacon. Than of course you need a side of bacon with the cheeseburger. We ended up with a box of glazed doughnies that we picked up on clearance or brought home from my wife's work. We usually don't buy multiple doughnuts so they eventually became buns

We made hamburgers using Krispy Kreme donuts for buns one time. Decadent and delicious. Used a whole donut for each bun. No telling the sugar or calorie count. Your's looks good.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Your head is crooked.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Your head is crooked.
    Mine too.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    A majority of my breakfasts and lunches are leftovers of various states of appearance.  None photo worthy. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • TN_Sister_State
    Options
    Smoked chicken Caesar salad "tacos".... with homemade Caesar dressing.

good ole steak sammich....

Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• NecessaryIndulg
    Options

Leftover swordfish, zucchini, and bacon.  I added the bacon because it was 9am. 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    you people are confused
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    dmchicago said:

Steak salad
    Not enough steak.
    You don't make friends with salad. 

https://youtu.be/c6Kj17oVHAk

Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • bigbadben
    bigbadben Posts: 397
    Options
    No pics, dinner was leftover store bought rotisserie chicken and caned enchilada sauce to make chicken enchiladas.  I am so ashamed:(
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    bigbadben said:
    No pics, dinner was leftover store bought rotisserie chicken and caned enchilada sauce to make chicken enchiladas.  I am so ashamed:(
    I am too lazy to even pour the canned enchilada sauce over the store bought rotisserie chicken.  Sam's club sells rotisserie chicken enchiladas. I am basically paying for leftovers.  They are actually pretty darn good tho. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bigbadben
    bigbadben Posts: 397
    Options
    bigbadben said:
    I am too lazy to even pour the canned enchilada sauce over the store bought rotisserie chicken.  Sam's club sells rotisserie chicken enchiladas. I am basically paying for leftovers.  They are actually pretty darn good tho. 
    The family is fed and happy.  That is all that matters. Bonus points for not wasting food in my fridge.  I love good enchiladas. These were not quite love worthy, more of the like..
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I don't remember what I was trying to do with that sauce, but it looks downright nasty...
    The forum even agrees; I've had to load it twice to get it posted. 

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Legume said:
    you people are confused
    I'm not confused.  My leftover creation was as awful as it looks/sounds. :sick:
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Legume said:
    you people are confused
    I'm not confused.  My leftover creation was as awful as it looks/sounds. :sick:
    haha -  I definitely had a reaction to swordfish/zuke in the morning, despite the bacon.  truth be told, I can't do leftover fish, just end up throwing away after a good-intentioned overnight in the fridge.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    chili pie, its the worst because theres beans in it =)

100_1287jpg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it