Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Suggestions for Good Eats in Asheville NC

Options
We are staying at Grove Park Inn tonight and need suggestions for a good place to have a drink and a nice meal tonight.  Figured I should start with a Torpedo on tap.  Cheers!

Comments

• PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259
    Options

wicked weed is great ... good beer and good food. Ashville brewing Company is also great more of a hippy vibe though. Grove park is awesome wife and I stayed in the Haunted room for our first anniversary.

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• reload
    reload Posts: 267
    Options

wicked weed is great ... good beer and good food. Ashville brewing Company is also great more of a hippy vibe though. Grove park is awesome wife and I stayed in the Haunted room for our first anniversary.

Thanks for the reply PirateBill!  I've heard this place is haunted...... we are staying in the old section if the Inn.  They are currently making renovations to some if the newer rooms now.  Wicked Weed is looking promising tonight.

• PirateBill
    Options
    reload said:

Thanks for the reply PirateBill!  I've heard this place is haunted...... we are staying in the old section if the Inn.  They are currently making renovations to some if the newer rooms now.  Wicked Weed is looking promising tonight.

Apparently it is room 545 that she fell from, let us know if you see her.

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

• nolabrew
    nolabrew Posts: 246
    Options
    Wicked Weed was my least favorite brewery and I think I got to them all.  I didn't eat there so I can't speak to that.  My favorite brewery was Zebulon but that's a little north of Asheville.  I also really enjoyed Burial, which had an interesting food truck. 

Weirdly, all of my favorite food in Asheville was breakfast food.  I guess the best dinner we had was at local provisions, but I wouldn't say it was a can't miss meal.

I envy you for staying at the GPI.  I haven't been there in over 10 years.  I love  the spa. 
  • PirateBill
    Options

Burial Is a good brewery, also check out Sierra Nevada place is crazy huge and has a 5 star restaurant.

- Calico Jack Rackham

• nolabrew
    nolabrew Posts: 246
    Options
    Oh yeah, I didn't even think about that one.  Sierra Nevada was awesome.  They were doing Oktoberfest while I was there so I didn't have their typical offerings as far as food goes, but what I had was great. 
  • reload
    Options
    Anyone tried Juicy Lucy's for lunch?  I'm meeting a old friend there for lunch tomorrow.  I hear the burgers are wonderful. 
  • reload
    Options
    View from the room.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Ha! Just updated another thread I started as wife and I are in town also. Staying at a VRBO house just outside of town. Check out that thread as there is quite a bit of food info. 
    Yall enjoy! Cheers!! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    The other thread GATraveller mentioned is here. 
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1203996/ot-asheville-nc#latest

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• reload
    Options
    Ha! Just updated another thread I started as wife and I are in town also. Staying at a VRBO house just outside of town. Check out that thread as there is quite a bit of food info. 
    Yall enjoy! Cheers!! 
    Just looked at the thread!  Thanks for letting us know.   I hope you enjoy your stay as well.  The weather is amazing this afternoon!
  • BriStarkey
    Options

The Admiral

LBGE bought used & one new MBGE, Weber Kettle. Looftlighter, Kick Ash Basket,

East Nasvhille

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    For a nice dinner....Rhubarb. Have the pork collar. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow