Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon, shrimp salt block. A little healthy

Options
Ive been down with some rough heartburn. Actually had a bleeding ulcer, about 12-16 different pills a day for two weeks. So lately I've been trying to eat a little better.  Nothing wild. Just no fried food and not many sweets or any soft drinks. Just some obvious smarter choices. 

Fired the egg up tonight and it turned out outstanding. 

XLBGE 

Comments

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options

EXCELLENT, sir!

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    That looks great!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Markarm4119
    Markarm4119 Posts: 526
    Options
    Dang tasty looking healthy grub there !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Options
    Love the salt block cooking...Great idea and I'll add you to my prayers for your health.  
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • Brandongodfrey
    Options
    How much salt is absorbed into the salmon ? I would like to do this instead of the cedar plank . My wife is very strict on salt intake 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @Brandongodfrey

to be honest I have no idea. They got popular on here a few years ago. I found one at tjmax then. We've moved a lot and I keep dragging it from house to house.  and tonight I had some free time just decided to give it a whirl. 

XLBGE 
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    How much salt is absorbed into the salmon ? I would like to do this instead of the cedar plank . My wife is very strict on salt intake 
    I feel your pain and share your curiosity.  I, too, am saddled (jk) with a sodium-averse spouse.
    I'd like to try salt blocking, but can't imagine how it wouldn't transfer a high amount of salt to the food.

It'd be nice if someone proved me wrong on that
    so I'd have an "out" - an excuse to buy one.

Alas . . .  :|

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns