Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My buddy needs help. Cancer Sucks

Options

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Thank you @caliking I really mean't to not keep this thread alive past Monday but the generosity of this community is amazing. I was just trying to say thanks and it has bounced back. #cancersucks. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • frognot
    frognot Posts: 103
    Options
    Friday morning bump for a good cause.
    Allen, Texas          LBGE, Orange Thermapen (fastest and easiest to find)

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Bump for the weekend crowd.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Bumping this one last time. You guys are amazing!!!!! Thank you so much. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Update: The cancer doesn't appear to be spreading to her functional eye. Depending on test results the port will be put in this little lady and chemo will start at the end of the week. 

I still cannot thank you guys enough. I was hoping for 100 bucks to the cause. You guys went above and beyond. Thank you again.
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Thanks for the update @Scottborasjr. I have a feeling this crowd has a few more bumps left for this brave little one.  
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    Glad to hear her good eye is ok for now.  Hope it stays that way and the doctors and treatment will save her.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • FarmerTom
    Options
    Haven't been too active here lately and just saw this.  Donation made and link posted to Facebook.  Best wishes to this brave little girl.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    Thank you all so much. The Port was successfully placed yesterday. More tests to see what the proper amount of chemo/poison will be injected in to this little lady tomorrow. She will have her first session on Monday. I can't express my gratitude properly here via keyboard, I can''t thank you guys and ladies enough. #TeamIllaAnn #cancersucks
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I wish her the best of outcomes.
    Options
    Just donated. And a bump 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Finished first round of chemo today. Thank you all so much. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    And she's still our little fighter. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Thank you for sharing the pictures!  This little fighter has a lot of people in her corner.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Thank you for the update. Also, bump.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Any more news on this little angel?
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Half way there
  • FarmerTom
    Options
    Hang in there Illa, we're pulling for you!!!

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• _Moose_
    Options
    I haven't been on here in a few months since work has been so crazy. I'm usually only on during work and try to stay off the computer at home to hang out with my boy. This is the first thread I happend to click on coming back. Here's a bump for the little girl. We'll be praying for her

MBGE, Blackstone Tailgater Grill/Griddle Combo

Outside Birmingham, AL

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It's been weeks since this thread was was at the top so why not bump it? If you've already donated thank you, if you haven't please take a little time to read IllaAnn's story and consider a donation, any amount at all helps. Cancer sucks, but cancer in children is heart wrenching.

https://www.gofundme.com/illaann-and-jesse-ocker

When my son and grandson were being treated fo brain tumors, we'd walk into the clinic and you're typically surrounded by some of the happiest children confronting the most dreadful diseases. The kids would make friends and play in the playroom prior to their appointments, and they would ask "Am I going to see Jimmy at the clinic today, I want to play with him?" I had my heart broken several times having to explain to my 4 year old son that Jimmy won't be coming to the clinic any more, and wrestling with the decision "Do I tell him Jimmy lost his battle," because of how that would potentially affect my son's mental outlook. 

Sorry to get all verklempkt here, but if you haven't donated please consider sending whatever you can, because sadly we can't put things like mortgages, car payments, etc on hold just because someone has a life threatening illness. 

#FUCKCANCER
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • jonnymack
    Options
    Donated, so sad. Love that pic of her smiling. Good luck and stay strong.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    Thank you @jonnymack and @CTMike I've purposely left this thread alone because of the generosity of everyone. Yet it continues to amaze me. You guys and gals are fantastic. 

Illa is doing well, next round of chemo next week. She had some sickness and has lost a little hair, but all things considered she is doing so fantastic. 

Even if you don't have the means, or just don't want to, positive thoughts and prayers if you believe in that are so much appreciated. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Just an update. Second round of Chemo done. She is still our little fighter. First haircut to even out what she has lost. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Keep the updates coming!  She is a cutie.  Love that smile.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Bump for a monthly update.