Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is there any such thing as a SALE on BGE Large or XL

Options

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    You have to play a pretty long waiting game. 

In the end, the time you waste looking for a deal is time wasted not establishing a relationship with a good local dealer.  It is also time wasted not cooking on your new egg. If you save 200 bucks but it takes you 4 months and a 500 mile drive to do it,  is it worth it? 

To save when buying an egg look for an egg fest near you.  Sign up to buy a demo egg when the fest is over.  

My local ace has a 20 percent off anything sale at least 2 times a year.  It includes eggs. You need to sign up for a free ace rewards account.

You could buy a bare bones unit and slowly add on to it with aftermarket purchases later. 

Good luck and welcome!

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • B747crew
    B747crew Posts: 158
    Options
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    You can look for an Eggfest and get a demo egg. Depending on your location some dealers will discount during an eggfest. For example, Roswell Hardware in Roswell, GA matches the Eggtoberfest demo prices on new in the box eggs. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Eggfest. You can save 200-300 depending on the deal. 
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    Options
    One important point: Normally you need to order a demo egg well in advance of the EggFest, so they can have enough on hand. You can't usually just go to the Fest and buy one. There will be an ordering deadline posted. Typically the demo Egg goes for about 80% of retail, but that varies by dealer.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    Options
    Buy an egg, make friends with dealer, then get deal on 2nd and 3rd egg.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options

Bought mine at the GA Mountain Eggfest a few years back.  Great deal in my opinion!

Also, here in Atlanta, as mentioned before, Roswell HW does a big one day sale just after Thanksgiving with great prices.  I think they sold over 200 eggs at that event last year!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    The prices can vary a lot from dealer to dealer. Maybe post where you are and someone local may chime in. Within 20 miles of my house you can find $2-300 price differences from dealer to dealer for the large package.
  • clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    Options
    Ya...oh..wait sale..sorry I was thinking the dealer cost when I got my L and MM =)
  • B747crew
    Options
    Lit said:
    The prices can vary a lot from dealer to dealer. Maybe post where you are and someone local may chime in. Within 20 miles of my house you can find $2-300 price differences from dealer to dealer for the large package.
    I Live just outside Raleigh NC

• B747crew
    Options

B747crew said:
    Lit said:
    I Live just outside Raleigh NC  Prices here are pretty much fixed at $999.99 for the L and $1350 for the XL plus tax of course. Nothing below that that Ive found..... Anyone have a lead for me

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    If you can wait till May 9th and take a couple hour drive to North Grorgia it looks like the large demo with nest is $750 and that includes 2 tickets into the fest. This fest is a great time and great way to learn some things and eat a lot of good free food. http://mountainegg.com/demo-eggs/
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Black Friday here. XL was only $50 more than a Large. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    15-20% off sales regularly throughout the year  at one of the dealers in Houston. The prices are in line with other dealers, so the sales are good deals. 

The discount is for most products in the store, and BGE items are included.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Good time to purchase is on a tax free weekend. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    I picked up mine at a local eggfest and would do so again without hesitation. Having said that, not sure I would have the patience to wait 9 months to save $150 or so.
    Stillwater, MN
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    Just go ahead and buy it! Once you get it you'll wonder why you waited so long!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Lit said:
    If you can wait till May 9th and take a couple hour drive to North Grorgia it looks like the large demo with nest is $750 and that includes 2 tickets into the fest. This fest is a great time and great way to learn some things and eat a lot of good free food. http://mountainegg.com/demo-eggs/
    Worth the drive...outstanding Eggfest.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • LCEgghead
    LCEgghead Posts: 10
    Options
    x2... I was debating for over a year on my next BBQ purchase and once I got my BGE I was kicking myself for not pulling the trigger earlier and missing most of last years cooking season.  Yes, saving $$ is key but it's worth the investment and you'll be spending a lot more on eggsessories...LOL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    i think this time of year you might be able to barter the prices down, especially if there is a kamado joe dealer nearby. im seeing low prices posted at the joe dealers, im assuming they are dropping old stock because of recent upgrades to their cookers. the xl sized joe is 999.00 dollars near me right now
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
      It may be a bit of a drive but I saw this on GL this morning.  https://charlotte.craigslist.org/hsh/6032530911.html

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Actually this is the one I ment to post.https://greenville.craigslist.org/for/6044962100.html

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    LCEgghead said:
    x2... I was debating for over a year on my next BBQ purchase and once I got my BGE I was kicking myself for not pulling the trigger earlier and missing most of last years cooking season.  Yes, saving $$ is key but it's worth the investment and you'll be spending a lot more on eggsessories...LOL
    This is one of the only regrets we ever hear from our customers. The only other one is buying one that is too small. Not a lot of the second one, but a few. Lol
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    I was in to see my dealer at the local Ace Hardware every day for a week as I was weighing my options. I ended up knocking $50 off the egg. Not much but every little bit counts. I'm going to make sure he remembers me and test the waters on my second egg here very soon.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Hearth and Home in Zelienople  PA (outside Pittsburgh) is having a 20% off sale on all BGE stuff.  
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA