Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bone-in Turkey breasthesis

Options
Tony
Tony Posts: 224
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
BGEphotos070.jpg
<p />Today is my daughters birthday. I was planning on cooking some baby backs for her on the egg. She requested turkey instead. So I ran out to whole foods market and picked up these two bone-in turkey breast or as Mike Tyson would say "breasthesis :)

One weighs 2.58 lb and the other is 2.80 lbs.[p]Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions. Right now I have them in zip-lock bags soaking in a salt water brine. I also bought some Cajun Injector Creole Butter.[p]My plan is to inject them with the Creole Butter, rub with evoo, cook them on a raised grid, indirect, over a drip pan, with one chunk of pecan wood at around 340 degrees until the internal temp of breast reaches 160.[p]Does this sound right?
Am I missing something?
How long should I expect the cook to take?
Is there anything else I can do to make it better?[p] [p]

Comments

• Hasenpheffer
    Options
    Tiger Tony,
    Sounds like a good plan. I would guess 1.5 - 2 hrs. Be sure to post some pics when there done.

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Tiger Tony,
    I do mine around 325. Main thing is not to over cook which will make the meat dry.When it reaches 160 internal get it the heck off the grill.Cook direct with the breast side up and watch your temp.Coat breast with evoo and your favorite rubs or seasonings.