Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hot Tub Prime Rib

Options
We celebrated my brother's big 50 over the weekend, he asked if I can make him something, I obliged. =)  I went to our Smart & Final and picked up two boneless ribeyes. As soon as I got home, they went straight to the pool. (Thanks to al the hot tubbing info on this forum, I'm learning so much from you all!)
Got the egg stable at 250, took the primes out, gave them a little trim and seasoned them up with salt, pepper and garlic powder. I also blended up garlic with fresh rosemary, thyme and EVO.
I was a little nervous they wouldn't fit but they did, closed the lid and let the maricle of time do the rest. I was a little nervous because my grid temp never climbed back to 250, it was sitting at 215 for most of the cook. Is that due to the volume?  Once I got to an internal temp of 115, I cranked her up to 275 to get the crust going. Pulled them off at 130 to tent and and hour later they were good to go. 
I wish I took a picture of the finished product as a whole but my family was too excited. It cut like butter. After these initial slices, it was passed on to my SIL and she cut these pieces in half with a steak knife. I was elated to see how tender this meat was. The coloration was so evenly pink, hot tubbing is the way to go!  That first trey almost didn't make it to the table because people were picking from it. Gotta love family parties!  Big shout out to @RRP for the go to ju. I can eat that stuff with anything!  

Comments