Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm a scumbag... from a cooler point of view

Options
paqman
paqman Posts: 4,670
I'm visiting you guys and picked my RTIC order at my US address.

I also got a soft 40 but will get a picture later.  The space inside the 45 is smaller than I expected, I should have ordered the 65.

The lowball tumblers are really nice (ordered 2 but just one in the picture).

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    No worries- I can't clear the lowest cooler bar and am just fine.  This could be an intro to a Saturday night cooler butt-hurt flame war.  Forewarned.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Welcome to da club  =)
    Jacksonville FL
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    Welcome to the basket!!
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Nice haul you scoundrel! I love the lowball cups. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    One things for sure - you're a scumbag with ice cold Caesars!

=) 
  • paqman
    edited February 2017
    Options

=) 
    @GrateEggspectations It's funny because it's trrruuue!  :)

Found some "made in USA" Clamato:

Options
    Yeah, I am feeling real scumbaggy about my newly acquired 45 as well. Should have got the basket while I was at it, but did not. I like the tan color. 
  • paqman
    Options
    @pgprescott The lowball tumblers are great.  They will be perfect by the pool smoking cigars in Cuba!  I was debating ordering them or not and I'm glad I did.  I'm impressed with the quality of the rotomolded cooler.  The soft side cooler looks good but I'm not sure about long term durability.  Time will tell!

Options
    paqman said:
    @pgprescott The lowball tumblers are great.  They will be perfect by the pool smoking cigars in Cuba!  I was debating ordering them or not and I'm glad I did.  I'm impressed with the quality of the rotomolded cooler.  The soft side cooler looks good but I'm not sure about long term durability.  Time will tell!
    Enjoy!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @paqman: I know your ways!!

Fired up the Large for some sausages this afternoon while we smoked cigars (Joya de Nicaragua) and drank scotch (Dalmore) in the sun. Also pulled some ice cold beers from my recently acquired Yeti Roadie. Good times in the GOGA (Greater Ottawa Gatineau Area)!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    paqman said:

=) 
    @GrateEggspectations It's funny because it's trrruuue!  :)

Found some "made in USA" Clamato:

Also, good call on the Better Than Bouillon. Good stuff. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    paqman said:
    I use the soft side all the time. Still looks brand new after nearly 1 year.
  • paqman
    Options
    @paqman: I know your ways!!

Fired up the Large for some sausages this afternoon while we smoked cigars (Joya de Nicaragua) and drank scotch (Dalmore) in the sun. Also pulled some ice cold beers from my recently acquired Yeti Roadie. Good times in the GOGA (Greater Ottawa Gatineau Area)!
    @GrateEggspectations  Sounds like it was as nice in Gatineau as it was here in Ogdensburg.  It was 17C around 2PM.

I heard a lot of good things about Better than Bouillon.  Got the beef, chicken, ham and veggies.  Can't wait to try the ham with pea soup.

Looks like we are both going to hell. Since you bought more that I did, you get to drive the bus. 
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    Well I guess I'm going to drive the train then with my recent purchases. 

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Firemanyz Interest rate on the loan??  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    You're the worst kind of scumbag there is! 

Now how about the recipe for those bloody Caesars?? :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Firemanyz said:
    Well I guess I'm going to drive the train then with my recent purchases. 

Wow, I'm guessing you're gifting some of these?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I consider you to be my brother!  Love my RTIC 45.  Only the haters are scumbags.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • paqman
    Options
    caliking said:

@caliking a Bloody Caesar is a Bloody Mary made with lime juice instead of lemon and Clamato, a mix of tomato juice and clam broth.  I like to add some pickle brine to the mix.  I also got some Tito's on our way back at the duty free.

Options
    I have one of the lowball tumblers and love it.  Nice haul. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Eggscuses
    Options
    Was just on the rtic site and saw this.

New Products:

Products Coming in Summer 2017 include a 145 quart cooler, the new laser etched logo, the light blue cooler, the RTIC Water Resistant Duffle BagTall Boy, V-Shape Stackable Pint TumblersWater Bottles, a 40 oz. TumblerNew cup holder friendly HandlesFood Containers, Additional Sport Bottles and the exclusive RTIC Water Filtration System for select RTIC drinkware.

So, keep an eye out for the many new and exciting products coming in the Summer 2017!

• paqman
    edited February 2017
    Options
    paqman said:
    I use the soft side all the time. Still looks brand new after nearly 1 year.
    @Eggcelsior It is probably just cosmetic but there is some glue overflowing from the seems on the lid and the base.  Everything else looks top notch.

Options
    paqman said:
    caliking said:

@caliking a Bloody Caesar is a Bloody Mary made with lime juice instead of lemon and Clamato, a mix of tomato juice and clam broth.  I like to add some pickle brine to the mix.  I also got some Tito's on our way back at the duty free.

@paqman if you haven't tried yet, we are loving the new "pickled bean" Clamato that Motts just come out with. Makes a great Caesar. But I'm also mixing it with the dill pickle vodka I sent home last time I was in Saskatoon. The two together are amazing. 

Oh, nice cooler btw :)

Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I can't believe Trump let you in. 

Just kidding. Nice haul. 
  • paqman
    Options
    I can't believe Trump let you in. 

Just kidding. Nice haul. 
    @DoubleEgger I think that the border security officer could not believe I wanted to get in... They usually ask tons of questions.  This time:

Officer: What's up?
    Me: Going shopping in Syracuse.
    Officer: You sure? (With a mad face looking at SWMBO)
    Me: Yep
    Officer: Ok

Options
    Can't beat The Stumpler!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @paqman -  The Costco visit in Syracuse makes sense.  Having spent my youth (a long time ago) in the north eastern NYS I just couldn't picture one in the Odgensburg area.  
    Nice cooler score and enjoy the pinwheel caps. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    I just went to RTIC's site, and I see they have the 45's in stock again, but at the original price. Anyone know if they are V2 and what the differences are if so?  

I knew I should have grabbed a v1 45 in ocean blue when they were $122.... damn...
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite.