Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Have to part with my Small Egg Carten

Options
any interest? Number 23
pm me offers if so?

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Why getting rid?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    I'd be knocking on your door for that carrier in a heart beat, but we bought a Mini...not a M/M to take with us when we travel. Otherwise for any newbies who aren't familiar with the cool Egg Carton product you might want to jump on this offer! Besides that - to own #23 is even more cool! Not sure if "Antique Road Show" will soon be knocking on your door, but meanwhile you certainly could waste your money on something less useful! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    RRP said:
    I'd be knocking on your door for that carrier in a heart beat, but we bought a Mini...not a M/M to take with us when we travel. Otherwise for any newbies who aren't familiar with the cool Egg Carton product you might want to jump on this offer! Besides that - to own #23 is even more cool! Not sure if "Antique Road Show" will soon be knocking on your door, but meanwhile you certainly could waste your money on something less useful! 
    Ron, did they even change the name of the holder later on because of name association to BGE?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    RRP said:
    Ron, did they even change the name of the holder later on because of name association to BGE?
    Darian - honestly I do not know. By then I had already housed my small next to my large in my wooden table so I had no need for a carrier. Besides that Pat had already surprised me with our Mini.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I gave mine to VI
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @RRP Ron do you know that BGE has the new style carrier for both the Mini and MiniMax?

Or would you rather have an Egg Carten for your Mini?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • RRP
    Options
    Hotch said:
    @RRP Ron do you know that BGE has the new style carrier for both the Mini and MiniMax?

Or would you rather have an Egg Carten for your Mini?
    No I did not. Thanks! Mind telling me how many coins for the Mini carrier?
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    @RRP - I think it's about $70 depending on your dealer.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • RRP
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    @RRP - I think it's about $70 depending on your dealer.
    Thanks - it probably is something that will have to be ordered as I doubt my dealer would carry one.
  • Hotch
    Options
    @RRP Yep around $65.00 or so.
    I have a mini Egg Carten if you are interested?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    @Hotch - If Ron doesn't want it, I'm your Huckleberry.
    Flint, Michigan
  • RRP
    Options
    Hotch said:
    PM sent!
  • Hotch
    Options
    RRP said:
    Hotch said:
    PM sent!
    @RRP
    PM replied 
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    @Hotch - If Ron doesn't want it, I'm your Huckleberry.
    @Fred19Flintsone Fred this one is on the way to Ron. If I run across another one, It's yours.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Thanks @Hotch .  I have not been a fan of that crummy mini nest.  I don't know if the new ones are good, but I like the EggCarten I have for the small.  I was hoping to score one for the mini.
    Flint, Michigan
  • RRP
    Options
    Thanks @Hotch .  I have not been a fan of that crummy mini nest.  I don't know if the new ones are good, but I like the EggCarten I have for the small.  I was hoping to score one for the mini.
    I'm the lucky winner this time and @Hotch has already sent it my way. I have a wire plant stand I used to sit my Mini on, but no carrier so I always have to wait for it to cool down before moving it. Thanks to Hotch that will change! 
  • minniemoh
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone- the new Mini carrier actually works pretty well. I added some rubber bumpers to the legs to create a little more air gap. The surface underneath was getting incredibly hot. My granite piece in the center of my table actually developed a crack as a result. I would buy the new Mini carrier again for sure.

eggAddict from MN!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    @Fred19Flintstone- the new Mini carrier actually works pretty well. I added some rubber bumpers to the legs to create a little more air gap. The surface underneath was getting incredibly hot. My granite piece in the center of my table actually developed a crack as a result. I would buy the new Mini carrier again for sure.

I'll have to add that to my order when I replace my cracked base.  Thanks for the bumper idea and the pix.
    Flint, Michigan
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @minniemoh   I like those rubber feet.  It's curious though that  your granite cracked.  For many years I used a granite sink cut out as a pizza stone with no issue.  I suppose it's the luck of the draw.
    Phoenix 
  • minniemoh
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @blasting - the granite inlay on my table is very thin. Maybe only 3/8 of an inch or so and there is no fiber reinforcement on the back. When I would sear on the mini, the crack in the stone would open up. I'm not 100% certain it's the heat but it wasn't cracked a year ago. It doesn't go all the way across the stone either. My main concern was the high heat would start the wood supporting the granite on fire. I'm very aware of the danger and cautious about keeping that granite temp down now. Sure would love to have an area off my deck for cooking.

EDIT: Strongly considering going back to nests and getting a stainless prep table.
    eggAddict from MN!
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    @blasting - the granite inlay on my table is very thin. Maybe only 3/8 of an inch or so and there is no fiber reinforcement on the back. When I would sear on the mini, the crack in the stone would open up. I'm not 100% certain it's the heat but it wasn't cracked a year ago. It doesn't go all the way across the stone either. My main concern was the high heat would start the wood supporting the granite on fire. I'm very aware of the danger and cautious about keeping that granite temp down now. Sure would love to have an area off my deck for cooking.

EDIT: Strongly considering going back to nests and getting a stainless prep table.

I'm with you.  I've got the ability and tools to do tables and built ins, but it seems I'm always moving things around.  For now I'm happy that I kept things modular.  Tables and nests seems to fit me best, but these fancy outdoor kitchens always get me thinking.
    Phoenix 
  • ousooner16
    Options
    Hello.  I just purchased a mini.  Does anyone know where I can purchase an Egg Carten for it?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.  
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I just use the carrier that BGE has now. It works well. 
  • kweitz
    kweitz Posts: 305
    Options
    I’m getting a minimax this summer. Does the stock carrier work well?

Charles Town, West-by-God Virginia

Sazco large Casa-Q

Large BGE

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    kweitz said:
    I’m getting a minimax this summer. Does the stock carrier work well?
    Yes
  • EggMojo
    Options
    Ok way long shot is the egg carten for the small still available? Or does anyone have one they would part with? Thank you
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    edited December 2020
    Options
    The egg carten is not available anymore.  Honestly tho, if you are picking up the small, picking it up with the nest at the same time is not that hard.  I have heaved my small egg back and forth from the back yard to the garage and it might even be easier to carry than my mini max due to having the center of gravity higher (think bear hug vs. handles where you might carry it lower).  KJ jr. stand would work too due to the small being the same base size diameter, but the small is a little taller.  Here are the two side by side in the same nests for comparison.