Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Pit Room - Houston, Texas

Options
Following @cazzy talking about Truth BBQ in Brehnam - I wanted to do the same for The Pit Room here in Houston. http://www.thepitroombbq.com/ Finding good BBQ within the 610 loop here in Houston is difficult and most great places are a drive away from the downtown area (though Pizzitola's makes great spare ribs) so when a good friend told me about The Pit Room, I was skeptical at best. But then I went to try it out, and I went back, then I started telling others about it and they started telling other about it. For me, that's what truly marks the sign of a great place is when I bring someone to try it out and they are so wowwed they want to share it with others. 

Recommendations: Get there at 1130 or earlier to avoid the lunch rush - but there will be seating in the overflow in the bar next door. Try the tacos for sure - the chicken with griddled cheese and roasted garlic is my favorite. Way different then typically BBQ fare. They make the tortillas with the rendered brisket fat. 

Pics are from a series of visits since November 2016 (probably not in order)

Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker

Comments