Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FYI: Mel's does not make custom table covers

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,893
In spite of having a custom cover being made by Duckcovers.com after reading several negative comments about its short life cycle I decided to pursue an all vinyl one for winter wear. Seemed like Mel's received the highest marks so I wrote them last night. This morning I heard back: 
Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your interest in The Cover Store. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer any custom cover options for your item. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please let us know.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    @RRP  Check into the Amish, the ladies will typically sew anything you want with whatever material too.  I know you are in IL, but there might be a community nearby in Missouri?
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    Options
    I once had a custom cover made by a local place that makes them for boats. Those heavy canvas covers used to cover a boat for the winter (before the white shrink wrap became so popular).

You might look around. If you have a marina in the area, there is probably someone with a little shop doing that. They have the heavy duty sewing machine and are used to custom work.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • surveyor
    surveyor Posts: 124
    Options

I Just had one made from Mel. It was not from the cover store. The web site is vinylcoveringsbymel.com, and the e-mail address is vinylcoverings@aol.com. They are custom and last a real long time.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Thank you. I thought it was Mel's that I wrote to last night. Not sure what happened! I will be contacting the site you recommend though!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I just chained SWMBO to the sewing machine and had her make one with some outdoor fabric.   I used it the first year but the table/egg is under a cover and seems to be impervious to water (probably had something to do with soaking the wood in epoxy).
    Options
    I got one made by grillwraps.com
  • steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    Options
    Wow. She made one for me about 2 years ago. It's held up really well. 
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    edited January 2017
    Options
    RRP said:
    Thank you. I thought it was Mel's that I wrote to last night. Not sure what happened! I will be contacting the site you recommend though!

I have a couple of custom one from Mel also. I send her name all the time as a source. She was in Indiana when I got mine. My is about 3+ years old with no sign of wear.