Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shillington PA 50% off bbq stuff

Fred's Music & BBQ Supply (aka Tasty Licks BBQ Supply) is going out of business and Fred is retiring. Friday and Saturday, 50% off whatever is left in the store. 

I don't know what s left, but he always had some interesting stuff, and I know he has restaurant grade charcoal left because he mentioned it in the email. If you're nearby it might be worth a drive.

Comments

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    @mosca Did you stop in?  I know the store is closing, but I thought (Or was hoping) he was going to keep his online store open.

That would not make a whole lot of sense if everything is 50% off.....

I love his tasty licks BBQ sauce. It really is my favorite. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    He always seemed like a good guy. Hope the best in his next adventure 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    Sea2Ski said:
    @mosca Did you stop in?  I know the store is closing, but I thought (Or was hoping) he was going to keep his online store open.

That would not make a whole lot of sense if everything is 50% off.....

I love his tasty licks BBQ sauce. It really is my favorite. 
    I haven't been able to get the time off work; I'm about an hour's drive away, and I work Saturdays. The online store is closing as well. I too love the Tasty Licks line of sauces and seasonings, I stocked up on the rubs last year.

Fred was always a little bit of a wild man, but he really knows his cooking. The guy has nuance behind the bluster.
  • Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    Oh, and I know he had an XXL BGE. It might be worth a call to see if it's there at 50% off...
  • I called them last week. They do not have any eggs left.
    Bucks County, PA
    Minimax, XL, Flameboss 200, Roccbox

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    OMG no! I drive from Philly for charcoal. Will need to get there Saturday. This is a blow. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Loved the Smokin' Guitar Player's YouTube videos... although that intro song gets pretty annoying after a few watches.
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    They have 1 large egg listed for 850 with the egg mates, nest and ash tool.  Not a bad deal IMHO. 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    that's sad to hear, that was one of the best stores ever, extremely well stocked.  But good for Fred, enjoy retirement
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • ryantt was correct. I was there today. They  still have one large egg with few accessories for 850.
    Bucks County, PA

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Wish I would have time to head up there this weekend, it's only 20-25 minutes away. Maybe, if stars align, I'll have a chance end of day tomorrow to head up and see what he has left. Saturday I'll be too busy prepping and cooking to even think about leaving the house.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    I'll be in Lancaster tomorrow. Fred's is not to far from there. It would be good to know what he has left. If's its slim pickings, not worth the drive.
  • he has a large egg, digital thermometers, knives, grill brushes, charcoal, few plate setters, lots of pizza stones/moon shaped stones, lots of rubs, fire starters. I don't remember everything though.
    Bucks County, PA