Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SRF-What would you do?

Options
2»

Comments

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    JustineCaseyFeldown Posts: 867
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Shipping ain't perfect. Which is why it isn't a thousand dollars to overnight
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Shipping ain't perfect. Which is why it isn't a thousand dollars to overnight
    Funny you say that!  We order Amazon and elsewhere online often.  Perishables typically are shipped with a mad rush.  We receive most (non perishable) shipments earlier than projected.  Perishables, for some reason (last 5 shipments) arrive late and spoiled.  Last shipment was scheduled for Saturday delivery and then midday they snookered the scheduled delivery to the following Tuesday and actually delivered Monday (Boxes of Harry & David Pears and Wines).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    Options
    Got a brisket semi-thawed last summer. Called SRF and the woman I spoke to said it would still be good for at least 30 days. I wasn't planning on doing a brisket that soon, but I wasn't tossing it, either, so I moved my plans around and cooked it a couple weeks later. Of course it was fine. I felt that was a fair solution, if I would have demanded another brisket then I would have also been morally obligated to waste the one I received.

In your case I'm glad it worked out. And SRF is a standup corporate citizen. That reckoning goes into the decision to patronize them!
  • SRFShane
    SRFShane Posts: 155
    Options
    Hey all - thanks for the kind words.  Apologies for not being super responsive on the thread - we're working hard to get this worked out for everyone!  

A heads-up that if you're in northern CA, AZ, GA or Florida, you're likely to see have seen some UPS delays (and may see some more, especially in CA and GA).  These aren't weather related, it's over-volume issues with UPS.  
  • OneNole03
    Options
    SRFShane said:
    Hey all - thanks for the kind words.  Apologies for not being super responsive on the thread - we're working hard to get this worked out for everyone!  

A heads-up that if you're in northern CA, AZ, GA or Florida, you're likely to see have seen some UPS delays (and may see some more, especially in CA and GA).  These aren't weather related, it's over-volume issues with UPS.  
    Going to keep my fingers crossed. My shipment is scheduled to arrive next Friday in Orlando. 

I have never ever had any issues with ups before. Knock on wood. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    My tracker app tells me my briskets are now in a city 90 miles away and scheduled to be delivered by Friday. Sure hoping "by Friday" actually means tomorrow. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Well, mine was due today and it's sitting in ATL with delivery info unavailable. Fingers crossed. Just two briskets, so maybe those big chunks of frozen goodness will hold. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @theyolksonyou ....currently walking through the UPS Atlanta warehouse...I think I found your box, yes, "Jason"...this is it.   Still seems cold, frozen in the center.  I'll just chop off some of the flat...uhhhh...should sharpen my knife dammnit....whoops, little too much...quality control is important business...a little someone needs to watch their diet anyway....damn...this is good....*burp*...ok..it's still good...you should be ok if you get this delivery in the next day....
    @theyolksonyou ....currently walking through the UPS Atlanta warehouse...I think I found your box, yes, "Jason"...this is it.   Still seems cold, frozen in the center.  I'll just chop off some of the flat...uhhhh...should sharpen my knife dammnit....whoops, little too much...quality control is important business...a little someone needs to watch their diet anyway....damn...this is good....*burp*...ok..it's still good...you should be ok if you get this delivery in the next day....

Id gladly share with you 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I had something similar happen a couple years ago with a Black Friday purchase.   SRF was great and replaced it all.   Of course I had to walk the stinky cooler down the street to a trash can in the park.   I still don't think my neighbors have a clue to who polluted the swing set. I've been an SRF fan ever since.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    @SRFShane There's a current brisket BOGO? Looking at getting one for our company's owner for Christmas.  Well that was my suggestion at least.
    Blake, welcome to the conversation.  Go ARMY Beat NAVY!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    My briskets arrived just before noon today. No dry ice remaining, but those big fellas were rock solid.

That cold front that traveled east with them this week probably helped. :)

Hoping deliveries go well for everyone else.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Bring it to my house and we'll cook it up!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice haul Michael!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Nice haul Michael!!
    Thanks. It's amazing how much will fit in a bottom freezer. I put all of this plus 20lbs of boudin and three chuck roasts in there. 
  • eightyfive
    Options
    Max out credit card.  Rinse, leather, repeat. Haha 
    BGE L, Minimax, iGrill 2, Kick Ash Basket, CGS AR,  various and sundry overpriced accessories...
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    It's here and solid as a rock. Now I need to find some freezer real estate. I'm gonna have to buy a freezer because of all you. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    It's here and solid as a rock. Now I need to find some freezer real estate. I'm gonna have to buy a freezer because of all you. 
    If mine fit, yours will too. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Funny thing.  This BOGO finally triggered me to get another freezer.  No joke.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Between the two gallons of Brunswick Stew, the gallons of turkey broth, the chicken,sausage, belly and skin, and all the crap my kids eat, I just don't have the room.  My in-laws are stopping by on their way home to put in their chest freezer. 

Have te I mentioned I have great in-laws? 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Between the two gallons of Brunswick Stew, the gallons of turkey broth, the chicken,sausage, belly and skin, and all the crap my kids eat, I just don't have the room.  My in-laws are stopping by on their way home to put in their chest freezer. 

Are they the ones who mow your lawn too?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    Options

Yep. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Haha, I hear ya.  I had to take four slabs of ribs to my parents house to store in their freezer to make room for my SRF shipment.   Trying to justify another fridge in the basement.  Already have an extra one down there, but it's full.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Haha, I hear ya.  I had to take four slabs of ribs to my parents house to store in their freezer to make room for my SRF shipment.   Trying to justify another fridge in the basement.  Already have an extra one down there, but it's full.
    My parents have a magic freezer.  No matter how much I take, it stays full.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

Yep. 
    Dude, you married way up.
  • thetrim
    Options
    Party at @DoubleEgger house
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options

So excited. My first SRF shipment came today. No dry ice left, but both the ham and the brisket were frozen solid and went straight into the freezer. 

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Replacement meat arrived today with dry ice still and rock solid with a note inside with Big letters say "Extra Dry Ice!!"

so happy. Only problem, is my Costco brisket for tomorrow looks so pathetic now in comparison!  :lol:
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California