Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A couple of turkey questions

Options
Two questions regarding our thanksgiving turkey.   First I got a very nice free range turkey from our grocery store due to a promotion last year after I had already purchased one.  It was frozen when I received it and it went straight into our stand up freezer where it has been for exactly one year.   I know there are no health concerns cooking it but will we be able to tell it has been in there that long?  Are there ill effects regarding texture or taste for a turkey that has been frozen that long?  I certainly plan on cooking it at some point but don't want to be disappointed on thanksgiving.

Second there was a dry brine recipe popular on the site last year that I followed and our turkey turned out exceptionally well.  I think the best it has ever been on the egg.  I forgot to bookmark the site and cant seem to find it now.  Anyone remember the one I am talking about or for that matter have a dry brine that you have used with great results?   Thanks.

Comments