Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE and Pesto???

Options
Retired RailRoader
Retired RailRoader Posts: 975
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made some fresh Basil Pesto today and I would like to make something on the Egg that includes Pesto. I just may make some grilled chicken and top it with some Fontina cheese cheese and the Pesto. Then another thought occured to me, why not go to the source and ask my fellow eggers what they cook with Pesto. So I am open to any other ideas regarding egging with Pesto.
Thanks

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,
    heres a thing I been playing with on my imaginary egg, imaginary because I am thinking of it for a competition but haven't had the time to cook it.[p]Portabella Mushroom[p]then a slice of canadian bacon or prociutto[p]then pesto[p]then lump crabmeat[p]then either a white queso with jalapeno or like you stated a fontina cheese[p]my pesto will be made with cilantro, garlic and pecans instead of the normal basil and pine nuts[p]all of this cooked on an alderwood plank.[p]if you try or anyone else, let me know[p]I think maybe even a dusting of panko when its almost done would be good for texture.

• Jackbythesea
    Jackbythesea Posts: 102
    Options
    Pizza.jpg
    <p />Retired RailRoader,
    We made roasted chicken and fresh pesto pizza at Waldorf this year. Everyone loved it.
    Jack

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,[p]I use chopped smoked chicken tossed with pesto to stuff tomatoes for the egg. Be sure to salt the tomato before stuffing it and top with a slice of provolone when they're almost done.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Essex County
    Essex County Posts: 991
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,
    I second jackbythesea's suggestion of pesto pizza. We put a healthy dose of pesto on the crust and top with fresh mozzarella and mushrooms.
    Paul

• katman
    katman Posts: 331
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    Yum! I'll see if I can pick up an alderwood plank.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,
    maybe some grilled tuna steaks with pesto

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,
    Frog legs. Frog legs. Did I mention Frog legs? Yum.
    Seth

• Eggin in Peoria
    Options
    fishlessman,
    Not sure if I'm ringing in too late on this but we had delicious swordfish and pesto the other night.