Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a round drip pan that'll cover entire plate setter surface

Options
Any recommendations? Thanks!!!!

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Ceramic Grill Store has what you are looking for.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • jak7028
    jak7028 Posts: 231
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Ceramic Grill Store has what you are looking for.
    If you have a Large BGE, the 16" round  pan they sell fits perfect inside the legs of the plate setter.
    Victoria, TX - 1 Large BGE and a 36" Blackstone
  • Gravytrain84
    Options
    As usual y'all come through with the answers! Ty
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    We used to use a pizza pan covered on foil. Extra wide foil is best, but in a pinch you can join two sheets with a folded seam
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    The CGS pans are stainless Steel. Another forever purchase. You only need to buy once.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I seem to run across stainless steel trays at estate sales a fair bit.  

I don't really need any more drip pans, but when I see them I buy them. Usually around a dollar.

Phoenix 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    I've used cake pans, yet for tonight's overnighter butt cook, I found a disposable Hefty brand pizza pan which is shallow and allowed me to fit 3 3/4" copper legs under it and yet have ample air space.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gravytrain84
    Options
    The the CGS ones deep enough? No overflowing?
  • gtcharlie
    Options
    I second the pizza pan with aluminum foil.   Works great for me.   Platesetter on the bottom, aluminum foil balled up as a buffer in between, and then the pizza pan.
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    The the CGS ones deep enough? No overflowing?
    Yes.  You will be pleased.

Some pizza pans have little or no depth and will overflow.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Gravytrain84
    Options
  • tikigriller
    Options
    Does the one for CGS make a difference vs buying the cheap tin ones from the grocery store?  Will they hold additional juices to put in there for flavoring like apple juice?
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • johnmitchell
    Options

These I found at Dollar General. They cover the place setter on a LBGE..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    I have a 19" straight sided pizza pan. https://www.katom.com/166-HA4019.html  Works great
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    I use the one from CGS.  I believe the 16".  I'm not sure if its effecting airflow or not, I don't know how to even tell.  Works like a charm.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf