Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri Tip, Sous Vide Style

Options
Tri-Tip @ $4.99/lb., Labor Day weekend! Sous Vide at 131.5 for 6.5 hours, salt, pepper and a couple cloves of garlic in the bag. Chilled, dusted with DP Raising the Steaks, and seared on the Medium. 

I don't think I need to buy expensive steaks any more, this is really good beef! 

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Gotta try this. Thanks for sharing! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looks likes a winner!  Difference from grilled tori tip you felt was key?  I love SV. Looking for your opinion. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Looks likes a winner!  Difference from grilled tori tip you felt was key?  I love SV. Looking for your opinion. 
    Grilled, even reverse-sear, will never be medium rare from edge to edge, and sous vide make it a little more tender, I think. Works for me.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Thanks!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SoCalWJS
    Options
    How did you like the Flavor?
    My attempts at Tri tip Sous Vide have resulted in PERFECT doneness/appearance, but lacking in flavor IMO.  Next try I may leave it seasoned in the bag for several hours before I begin the water treatment. Maybe it will penetrate a bit more.
    South SLO County
  • SLOandSteady
    Options
    Spot on. Nice cook!