Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hatch Chiles Roasted on BGE

Options
13»

Comments

• eggnewtoy
    eggnewtoy Posts: 496
    Options
    BGE roasted Hatch green chile and cheddar cheese frittata perfect
    BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.  

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Alright, since @eggnewtoy started this "Hatch" chile thread, it seems to have become the go-to refactor thread, how do y'all think about this idea; "Hatch Chile ABTs"?  I don't have any yet to try, so who of y'all is willing to try them?
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    eggnewtoy said:
    BGE roasted Hatch green chile and cheddar cheese frittata perfect
    You put green chile in any egg dish.....and you will have much joy.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • eggnewtoy
    Options
    @500:  what does Hatch Chile ABT mean?  ;)

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    ABT=Atomic Buffalo Turds.  appetizers. chili peppers stuffed with a variety of goodness.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • eggnewtoy
    Options
    LMAO

• llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    eggnewtoy said:
    @llrickman, @thetrim.  I scrape after I thaw them.  Too many to do before freezing and don't believe it compromises flavors.  Kind of part of the process.  Llrickman, you lucky guy.  Ever go to Powdrell's or Quarters?  
    Ive never been to either and i live less that two miles from quarters on Wyoming Usually when i do BBQ i just do it myself but i do want to go to both places especially Powdrells ive heard great things about it

I do the same freeze with skins on. Peel after defrosting . Those in the pic are Big Jims and when they were roasted alot of the skins came off The pic makes it look like more that actually did though
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    ABT=Atomic Buffalo Turds.  appetizers. chili peppers stuffed with a variety of goodness.  
    ABTs are usually made with Jalapenos, but I think Hatch chiles would be a nice twist.  Jethro forgot to mention that the stuffed peppers are typically wrapped in bacon and slow roasted until yummy.  Many good examples of ABTs here on the forum.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    eggnewtoy said:
    @llrickman, @thetrim.  I scrape after I thaw them.  Too many to do before freezing and don't believe it compromises flavors.  Kind of part of the process.  Llrickman, you lucky guy.  Ever go to Powdrell's or Quarters?  

Last year I experimented with scraping and peeling before freezing and after.  I found them to be much quicker to prep after freezing.  

For those wondering what the hype is about - just try these babies - they improve just about everything.
    Phoenix 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    The question should be What can't you put green roasted chile on? :smiley: 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL