Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Free Stone Peaches

Options
keepervodeflame
keepervodeflame Posts: 353
edited August 2016 in EggHead Forum
Most markets are featuring free-stone peaches now. You can do a lot with them and they are truly delicious. I paint them with olive oil, grill them until they are marked, and then flip em over until they bubble.  Paint the peaches with some reduced Amaretto, dress em up with a  couple mint leaves, and add some frozen yogurt or gelato. Pretty good stuff that's not too hard on your waist line. 

Comments

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     Fantastic! I like using Gran Marnier on fruit, but will have to try Ammoretto. Something special about fresh mint leaves for both presentation and fresh taste.

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Man that is a work of art. I am from the peach state so I suppose I should be able to find some.  I did some googling and GA peaches are freestone later in the season. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Beautiful.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    I'm heading up to Utard's "Fruit Way" just north of here tomorrow, to load up on utard peaches and tomatoes (despite AB's slam, utard grows some great peaches!)
    After grilling the cut face, I sprinkle mine with turbinado sugar and pour a bit of Capt Morgan's spiced rum into the pit; Amaretto sounds fantastic and I need to try that! (my favorite dessert in the world, my Mom's peach pie, uses almond extract and I bet Amaretto would be equally good!)
    GREAT pic!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• keepervodeflame
    Options
    Botch said:
     I need to try that! (my favorite dessert in the world, my Mom's peach pie, uses almond extract and I bet Amaretto would be equally good!)
    GREAT pic!  
    I actually got the idea of using Amaretto from my Aunt Peg's peach pie, she used Amaretto in the pie's filling. Truly amazing pies and a great memory from my childhood. The Amaretto works well with the sweetness and smokey flavor of the grilled peach. I think you will like it. 
  • itsmce
    itsmce Posts: 410
    Options
    I think I need to get some amaretto...
    Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Favorite dessert. Killer presentation. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Superb presentation. Besides the visual appeal this combo sounds delicious. Damn the waistline!  Plate me up 4 heaping servings :smiley:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • jbreed
    jbreed Posts: 98
    Options
    looks fantastic.  always looking for great, quick desert ideas
    Castle Rock, CO - always a Husker
  • keepervodeflame
    Options
    jbreed said:
    looks fantastic.  always looking for great, quick desert ideas
    This is a really easy desert. Just use the residual heat following dinner. I usually set the vents to hold about 350. Then have dinner, roast chicken, whatever, and then throw a peach on the grill after we do the dishes. Eat the peach with some yogurt or gelato, finish a glass of wine and watch the sunset. Doesn't get much better. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,053
    Options
    Looks awesome!  I'm about to move into a new place that has a coupla peach trees.  Gonna hafta give this a go when they are in season. 
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    I do what @keepervodeflame does an use the residual heat.  I use brown sugar, little butter and a splash of bourbon. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius.