Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sam's dealing eggs

Options
At least in TN this is a first. Went for a brisky and almost left with a medium. Sounds like a decent price to me. Thoughts? Everything you see here plus platesetter. 
Franklin, Tn
LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

Comments

• JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options
    The tipping point is coming...
    Large BGE -- New Jersey

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited July 2016
    Options
    These pop up every BlueMoon. I could be totally incorrect but, I believe the BGE warranty isn't there on these. I think it's a Sam's Club warranty only. The price isn't bad (sarcasm). I'd want the Full Monty warranty on a new purchase. Just do your due diligence and double check warranty coverage before taking possession. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    They are not an authorized dealer so the eggs will not have a warranty.  You could return it to Sam's if there was an issue but you couldn't get warranty replacement parts.  That's not even a good price is it?  I haven't priced eggs in a while but I think that is pretty much retail price at a dealer.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    Here's a website with retail pricing:

At least the picture shows the correct assembly with the bottom vent under the handle and includes the side tables for $850.

It's nearly 200 lbs. - you going to take it back to Sam's if there's a problem?

Go see your friendly neighborhood authorized dealer, it might cost a few extra dollars, but the first time you crack a fire bowl and have a brand no questions asked (picture of the crack) new bowl delivered at no cost you'll make up the price difference right there.

Not to mention your local dealer has a relationship with BGE that is not based on "Sell it to WalMart for 20% less or we will not buy any"

I think it's smart to deal locally, with a person that knows the product, and can assist with assembly problems, advice, warranty claims, options, auxiliary components, etc etc etc.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• CoMoBGE
    CoMoBGE Posts: 374
    Options
    I received my xl as a gift and it came from SAMs. I have taken in a cracked fire box and they just walked to the floor and grabbed a replacement out of the floor model(which is about the best service you can ever receive). If BGE really wanted to shut down the sale at SAMs they could pull the vendors liscence that sells them to SAMs. In the end BGE could care less because they have made their money and now don't have to warranty something. Just my 2 cents. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    They did an awesome job putting it together. :wink:
    Handle bass ackwards and the lower vent on the backside?  Sweet :lol:
    I thought they were redesigning for 2017 models.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The upside down assembly was the first thing I noticed. Not to mention the vent....
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    CoMoBGE said:
    I received my xl as a gift and it came from SAMs. I have taken in a cracked fire box and they just walked to the floor and grabbed a replacement out of the floor model(which is about the best service you can ever receive). If BGE really wanted to shut down the sale at SAMs they could pull the vendors liscence that sells them to SAMs. In the end BGE could care less because they have made their money and now don't have to warranty something. Just my 2 cents. 
    Sam's Club won't always carry eggs, and at that point they will likely only be able to give a refund. 

Personally, I would return it for a real warranty.
  • CoMoBGE
    CoMoBGE Posts: 374
    Options
    Then I will take the refund and go buy another brand new one. Kind of seems like I got however many years of use for free at that point. Still doesn't answer why BGE doesn't stop this. 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    3-4 years ago this discussion first came up, and several times since without much comment.. at that time the company denied they gave Sam's Club the eggs. They denied it pretty vehemently if I remember correctly.

I don't see why they don't warranty them personally, seems like a crock of. ...

Kamado Joe goes to costco roadshows and sells them with no difference in warranty coverage AFAIK. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I think you will find for the most part it's always Mediums. Mediums is the slowest seller of the Large, Medium, Small line of Eggs. It seems a Distributor will get overloaded and dump Mediums at Sam's somewhere in the USA about once a year. 
    Remember, Mother Egg only sells to Distributers .  
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Saw a BGE sitting right beside a Vision at the Buford, Ga. Sam's this past Thursday. The egg, 900 plus with nest. Did not really pay attention to if it was a medium or large, but I think it was a large. The Vision was priced $499 in box, $599 assembled. They also had a very nice Vision cypress table for $399. Those must be new. I have both a BGE and the Vision. The Vision is a fine ceramic cooker. At almost half the price, there was a couple there buying the Vision and a table for less than the egg with nest. We talked about it a bit and I told them I had both and thought the results between the two was exactly the same.
    I asked if this was their first ceramic grill and the lady laughed as the gentleman told me no, he had another Vision just like the one he was buying, but was not in a table, and he was buying the new Vision and table combo for his son. Lucky son.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    At least in TN this is a first. Went for a brisky and almost left with a medium. Sounds like a decent price to me. Thoughts? Everything you see here plus platesetter. 
    No BGE warranty.  Sam's replace or refund warranty.

FYI, I paid $800 out the door from my dealer with nest, handler, and smokeware cap.  No platesetter,  but I only use a Woo and stone anyway.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    Mickey said:
    I think you will find for the most part it's always Mediums. Mediums is the slowest seller of the Large, Medium, Small line of Eggs. It seems a Distributor will get overloaded and dump Mediums at Sam's somewhere in the USA about once a year. 
    Remember, Mother Egg only sells to Distributers .  
    not the case here in GWN, few years ago it showed up in Costco, Large only.
    canuckland