Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

KY Eggfests - Looking for cooking partner(s) for the future.

Options
dldawes1
dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
We have Shelbyville Eggfest this weekend July 30th and Louisville's Brownsboro Hardware Eggfest coming up on August 5-6.

I'm going to be out of town for My sisters birthday, then out of town to go see my daughter.

I'm sure going to miss getting to go to these !!!

I need a egghead friend within a short drive  who likes to cook, so we can plan on cooking at some events together. If I can plan events ahead of time, I can duck out of the family engagements !!!!!!! Doesn't have to be in KY....just within a few hours from Carrollton.

If interested PM me.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    If I can plan events ahead of time, I can duck out of the family engagements !!!!!!! Doesn't have to be in KY....just within a few hours from Carrollton.

If interested PM me.

I like how you think..........
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • hashissmokin
    hashissmokin Posts: 238
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    We have Shelbyville Eggfest this weekend July 30th and Louisville's Brownsboro Hardware Eggfest coming up on August 5-6.

I'm going to be out of town for My sisters birthday, then out of town to go see my daughter.

I'm sure going to miss getting to go to these !!!

I need a egghead friend within a short drive  who likes to cook, so we can plan on cooking at some events together. If I can plan events ahead of time, I can duck out of the family engagements !!!!!!! Doesn't have to be in KY....just within a few hours from Carrollton.

If interested PM me.

We could probably figure something out.  Been trying to stay close to home due to dad's health but wife and I are probably going to Shelbyville Saturday.
    LBGE, Paris, KY.
  • dldawes1
    edited July 2016
    Options
    hashissmokin...just let me know sir ! 

I cooked in Corbin a couple of years ago...great folks there and it was a lot of fun.   Check your schedule !  http://www.moonboweggfest.com/

• hashissmokin
    hashissmokin Posts: 238
    Options
    My mother lives in Somerset.  Don't think I have anything going on that day.  I know the cats play Alabama but don't think I'll miss much.  I like to cook and get as much time in on the weekends as I can but I looked as your facebook page.  Little intimidated.  Maybe I can learn a few things from you.
    LBGE, Paris, KY.
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    Hey hashissmokin, don't be intimidated by dldawes1.  Donnie's a great guy and good to be around.  I wish I could help out, but not yet recovered well enough.  Sounds like a good time, and with those 2 XL's on a trailer to play with now, he's got plenty of grillin space.  
    Donnie, let me know if you are going to be cooking at any of these.  I may try to get to one of them.  Sure would like to, it doesn't look like I'll be doing much farming any time soon, unless I can do it from a boat.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• stantrb
    stantrb Posts: 156
    Options
    I'm in.  Egger in Louisville.  Not cooking at Brownsboro this year, but have the past 2 years.
    Minimax and a wood-fired oven.
  • dldawes1
    Options

Hey Hash...  FarmerTom is correct...do not intimidated by me....I learned everything I know right here from the eggsperts !!!

@stantrb...Sounds good brother. We'll have to get together soon. Corbin's Moonbow Eggfest would be a good start !!  
    http://www.moonboweggfest.com/

• stantrb
    stantrb Posts: 156
    Options
    I'll check with SWMBO.
    Minimax and a wood-fired oven.