Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Backs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can someone please give me a good recipe for baby back ribs? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    Zee,
    where from if I may ask?

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,920
    Options
    IMG_1169.jpg
    <p />Zee,
    here are some baby backs I egged Sunday using the popular 3/1/1.5 method. Ribs are the Holy Grail to many of us and honestly MAY differ from Mr Piggy to the next Mr Piggy! OTOH just like in golf those times you get near the pin in one shot will always keep you going back again and again! GEEEEEZ were there goooooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!

• Kelly Keefe
    Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
    Options
    Zee,
    CWM and I were discussing this yesterday. I cook mine indirect using the plate setter legs up, drip pan and grid at 225-250°. I paint the ribs with mustard and apply my rub. I cook them for about 3-3 1/2 hours or until I see the meat pulling away from the ends, flipping halfway through the process. Mike uses the same set up but cooks his longer (5 1/2 hours), spritzing the ribs with apple juice each hour after the first hour of cooking. The last 1/2 hour he raises the temp to (I think he said) 275° and sauces. I sauce at the table. I haven't tried the 3-1-1 method on Baby Backs. IMHO it isn't necessary for Baby Backs, but then I don't want "fall off the bone" ribs. I'd try both methods and decide which you like best.[p]Kelly Keefe
    Jefferson City, MO