Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Costco in Atlanta?

Options
I've noticed that not all Costcos are created equal with their meat selections, and wanted to poll the Atlanta folks about the ones down here.

I went to the Alpharetta location looking for a brisket,  and was dissapointed they only carry flats and never a full packer.

Any insight / tips with Atlanta Costcos would be appreciated! 
Milton, GA 
XL BGE & FB300

Comments

• StillSmoken
    StillSmoken Posts: 327
    Options
    I don't believe they carry packers at Costco's in ATL.  Go to Resturant Depot. They have a location in Marietta now. 
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    The meat selections are the same at every local Costco I have been to. Like stated above join KCBS and you get free daily passes to restaurant depot and they have briskets cheap.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Find out what day they have deliveries at RD. I went three times in a row and the brisket selection was not good. I left empty handed each time. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Find out what day they have deliveries at RD. I went three times in a row and the brisket selection was not good. I left empty handed each time. 
    The Marietta one I have had the same issue twice. 85 and Holcomb bridge I have never seen them not have the Angus briskets.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Lit said:
    The Marietta one I have had the same issue twice. 85 and Holcomb bridge I have never seen them not have the Angus briskets.
    They have some in Marietta but they are usually stiff as a board with razor thin flats. 
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    The Cumming location is the largest Costco in Atlanta with the largest selection of Prime Grade beef. Try that one.