Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new 14 cup food proc . . how to christen?

NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
making baby food now, so just got a 14 cup cuisinart.  Never had one before, so always avoided big recipes centered around tons of chop/dice/etc.  My first thought was a lamb/beef/onion/etc kebab type deal . . but ideas on good weekend recipe to christen this new toy?  
Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Margaritas for the win... ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NDG
    edited July 2016
    LOUSUBCAP !! good idea but you may leave now . . dont let the door hit ya, where god split ya.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    fajitas

salsa

margaritas

its for making mexican food and drink

(no fact checking was done to ensure the validity of the statement that fajitas salsa and margaritas are all food/drink with roots that originate in the country of mexico)

once done making margaritas and consuming them, you can make more babies to make baby food for.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • NDG
    hahah thanks.  
    Columbus, OH

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    I got one last winter for mixing pie crust ingredients but I find I use it way more for breaking down cooked meats. Run a pound of smoked turkey breast to the consistency of canned tuna and do turkey sammies or use the ground turkey in place of ground beef in tacos ect. 
    My latest is to break down oatmeal and incorporate nuts and dried fruit when I eat at work and only have hot water and a microwave. 
    Enjoy, I use mine way more than any other appliance.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    I like them with the dough blade for pizza dough. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• NDG
    Thanks . . I like the idea of breaking down cooked meats!
    Columbus, OH

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Where is @Brent with an explanation of Bourbon Slushies?
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

I just got one this week myself.  My main use will be for noodle dough.  I'm tired of kneading that hard dough by hand.

Phoenix 
  • NDG
    edited July 2016
    @blasting noodle dough . . very interesting.  Mind sharing basic recipe?
    Columbus, OH

• chrisc133
    chrisc133 Posts: 501
    Make a nice jerk chicken marinade. Throw it on some chicken thighs or quarters and let them sit for a day or so. Boom. 
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7