Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick ET-733 Display Question

Options
tdub4
tdub4 Posts: 124
Got the Maverick ET-733 for Fathers Day and checking it out now to make sure I know how to use/set it. I noticed that the top part of the display cycles back and forth between probe 1 and probe 2. Does anyone know if you can lock that down to just probe 1 if you are not using probe 2? I don't think I will always want to monitor the grate so may not need probe 2 as often, so I don't want to look at that going back and forth if I don't have to.

TIA!

Comments

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Read the book, it's in there.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    I may be wrong since I normally use both probes, but if you only have one probe plugged in that's the only thing that will be displayed 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Just don't plug in the probe you're not using it will only read the one. If I'm not using  the second one I usually just let it hang in the breeze to know what the outside temperature is.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • tdub4
    tdub4 Posts: 124
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I only had one probe plugged in when this was happening. I will read through again but, if it's in there, I am missing it.  
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,113
    Options
    I used mine tonight, one probe no cycling.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • grussem
    grussem Posts: 120
    Options
    I've had the Maverick for over a year and find it a PITA to use to be honest.  To me it's too complicated to choose temp, alarm etc...  I don't know, maybe I'm just slow but it could be more user friendly.  BTW, I only usually use one of the probes.

• clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    Options
    The Mav is super easy to use! I don't select meat or alarm in less i need an audible.  It's just numbers i need if i want.  Don't plug in the 2nd...or plug in the 2nd and not the first. Set your own numbers.
  • EvenFlow
    EvenFlow Posts: 21
    Options
    I think it's a PITA too, and I am an Avionics tech. Mine stays on beef and I always use two probes ,top being meat temp and bottom being pit temp. I musta disable the alarm, because I use it for all foods that I cook.
    Mesa AZ