Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

St. Louis style pork spare ribs - 311

Options
Put my brand new Adjustable Rig / Woo combo to good use this morning!  Here are my notes from the cook...

Step 1:  Cook slabs at 250 degrees indirect for 3 hours (meat side up).

Step 2:  Wrap slabs individually in foil w/ butter, honey, and brown sugar mixture.  Cook slabs at 250 degrees indirect for 1 hour (meat side down).

Step 3:  Remove slabs from heat and rest them while increasing cooking temperature to 275 degrees.  Collect liquid when removing slabs from foil as this can be used to finish ribs.

Step 4:  Apply sauce to slabs.  Cook slabs at 275 degrees indirect for 1 hour (meat side up).

Step 5:  Remove slabs from heat, wrap slabs individually in plastic (if necessary), let slabs rest for 30 minutes before serving.  Finish meat w/ additional sauce and/or collected liquid from Step 3 above.

Notes:

• Use foil to protect any exposed edges of slabs to prevent burning.
  • Slice slab into individual ribs w/ meat side down.
  • Internal temperature of 190-195 (at the end of the 3 hour cook) is ideal.

Jeremiah  |  La Canada Flintridge, CA  |  XL BGE
"Life is about experiences...  And one of my absolute favorite experiences is FOOD!"

Comments

• jp646
    jp646 Posts: 60
    Options
    Great looking Ribs!
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    BOOM. Solid grub. Looking fine indeed. Good job taking notes. I did not receive my portion--fail.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • NERVOUS
    NERVOUS Posts: 104
    Options
    It just occurred to me...  I need to start buying in larger quantities now that I have all this extra grill space!
    "Life is about experiences...  And one of my absolute favorite experiences is FOOD!"
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    NERVOUS said:
    It just occurred to me...  I need to start buying in larger quantities now that I have all this extra grill space!
    Man, you are catching on quick. Wait till you buy another egg. Then you will have to buy a freezer--see how this goes. Then once a year we have a freezer diving cook off
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Wow -- that looks amazing!  I keep thinking about an AR, but haven't quite done it.  Might one of these days, but most of the time it's just me and my wife, so I wouldn't need it often at all.  We'll see.  Anyway, GREAT looking cook!!!  Enjoy that AR!
  • NERVOUS
    NERVOUS Posts: 104
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Man, you are catching on quick. Wait till you buy another egg. Then you will have to buy a freezer--see how this goes. Then once a year we have a freezer diving cook off
    You just planted a dangerous seed...  I hadn't even considered another Egg!   =)
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks great! I have St. Louis spares planned for tomorrow.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Another CA Egger nails one, great looking grub.  I gotta break down and get me one of those someday.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    Options