Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kingsford 2 pack for $9.88

Options
blasting
blasting Posts: 6,262
Home depot has the 2 pack for $9.88.  I stocked up last month on the sale on Royal Oak.  Of course that came up right after my shipment of Rockwood arrived.  

I still like cooking on the Weber Performer for certain things, so now I've stocked up on Kingsford.  I've got over 50 bags of charcoal on hand.  I might have to join a support group or something...it really is getting out of hand.  
Phoenix 

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I bet you used to be a Boy Scout--Scout Motto--Be Prepared. See No problem.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @blasting I sold my Performer abot 9 months ago. I had it for 20 years, having replaced some parts over the years. I had the stainless steel work space. I loved that grill.....but turned loose. Not to worry about the charcole thing. You just can't be too prepared. You are in good company with hording on that front. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    It's a great deal no doubt. Need is need want is want...but when you know you will eventually use it, why pay more. With a stockade like that you're probably safe to wait for the next deal :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    Options
    I feel ya man. I bought 10 bags the last time it went on sale. My shed is now full of kingsford and royal oak. I use the briquettes for my side burner. LIke I told my buddy, it sucks buying a bag of charcoal for $10 when you know it was on sale for $5 a month ago...thus why I stock up every time it goes on sale.