Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Breast

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Need some directions for Egging boneless skinless chicken breasts; can you make these things edible? Temps, set-up, rubs, ect... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• MasterMason
    MasterMason Posts: 243
    Options
    Jeff V,[p]I cook them all the time. I use the cast iron grate, get the egg to about 400, add my favoite rub and cook till done fliping at about 5 mins. If you like you can cover it with bbq sauce the last couple of minutes...[p]Another option is Marinade them in[p]1c red wine viniger
    1c red wine
    2 tbs EVOO
    2 tbs crushed Garlic
    2 tsp lemon pepper[p]Cook as above and serve with garlic bread

• Zilm-disabled
    Options
    Jeff V,I recently tried the Honey Dale Seasoning Recepe that is listed on the website. It's dead simple and taste's great.

• BOBF
    BOBF Posts: 177
    Options
    Jeff V,[p]I put a little EVOO and lemon juice or lime juice on them - maybe marinate for 1/2 hour. Rub with a tequila lime rub such as Fire Roasted brand or Dizzy Pig's Raging River and them grill same as Master Mason does. Doesn't take long. Even better - check out the Ginger Lime Chicken at the Dizzy Pig website. We cook them once or twice a week.

• Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for everyone’s input. I may have to try some of the Dizzy Pig rubs. I have been tempted for a long time just never pulled the trigger and bought some, but I will be placing my order tonight. What do you think would be the best on chicken breasts? Thanks
  • BOBF
    BOBF Posts: 177
    Options
    Jeff V,[p]You really need to experiment to find what you like. I use all their rubs, but use probably twice as much Raging River as the others. Tsunami Spin is good on poultry. Read the write up on each at the DP web site. As gifts, I bought a bottle of each rub for my brother, brother in law, son, son in law, niece and sister in law.