Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how not to position the DFMT, makes a good ad for Smokeware!

Options
Canugghead
Canugghead Posts: 11,532
edited June 2016 in EggHead Forum
was channel surfing and saw this, kind of funny,  BGE featured from 37:10 to 39:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBsfEz0ZXno
canuckland

Comments

• GatoGordo
    GatoGordo Posts: 80
    Options
    If only he knew how to use his tools, the duck would be fine and he would not be blaming others for his incompetence.
    LBGE, Stoker WiFi, UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker
  • Tony_T
    Tony_T Posts: 303
    edited June 2016
    Options
    He set the daisy wheel and someone else opened and closed the lid (which opened the daisy wheel).
    How is this his incompetence?
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    That's how I have always done mine. Just used to it I guess. Plus mine is gunked up it usually won't slide. It takes force to get it to move when its cold.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Here is the proper way to position the DFMT so it doesn't spin when you open the dome.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm#dwsetting

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,532
    Options
    Thanks @DMW, I was searching for it!
    canuckland
  • GatoGordo
    GatoGordo Posts: 80
    Options
    Tony_T said:
    He set the daisy wheel and someone else opened and closed the lid (which opened the daisy wheel).
    How is this his incompetence?
    When set correctly, the daisy wheel does not move when the lid is opened. I would have thought that every BGE user is in the habit of placing the wheel correctly every time they use the egg.
    LBGE, Stoker WiFi, UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    why is he wearing his wife's bathrobe? :confused:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Options
    The robe and matching socks are awesome
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    He seems to be all about name brands so he probably wants to see Big Green Egg instead of turning it around so it doesn't move.  That is one of the first things my dealer pointed out when I bought mine.  The camera guy better be careful or they may shoot him full of lead.  It's his one fault for the mistake, but uncool of them to open it as well.  You don't open with another man's smoker without first asking.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    bashing aside that must be one wealthy man! - besides the size of that kitchen did you catch that view out back where the egg is? Huge pool and then ocean in full view in back ground.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Tony_T said:
    That's Eddie Huang
    Thanks - I had no clue.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.