Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooler Question

Options
Thecoiman
Thecoiman Posts: 134
edited May 2016 in EggHead Forum
A co-worker of mine came to me asked me to if there was Yeti backpack cooler. She said husband said something about wanting it for fathers day. I have not heard of this before so to Google, I went searching. I found a cycle company called yeti that makes a backpack but it did not look like you could use as a cooler. I did not find any thing on Yeti site but thought the yeti hopper could be worn as a backpack but didn't see an examples of that. I did find this:

http://www.amazon.com/TrackPack-Drink-Dispensing-Backpack-Cooler/dp/B004QBINL2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464732384&sr=8-1&keywords=trackpack+coolers

Was wondering does anybody have experience using it?

or any other suggestions?

Garland, TX

2 Large, 1 Mini Max, 1 Mini

Comments

• Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    Options
    I would look at Polar Bear coolers, they have a backpack version.  I have their 48 can model, it is a great cooler.  They have 2 for 1 deals around Christmas.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Thecoiman
    Options

@hokie_smoker, Thanks, I think I found that in my images search but the website it went to was dead. I will google, to get to the corporate site.

Garland, TX

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Thecoiman said:

@hokie_smoker, Thanks, I think I found that in my images search but the website it went to was dead. I will google, to get to the corporate site.

http://www.polarbearcoolers.com/category/backpack-coolers.html

I have not heard of a Yeti backpack cooler.  Yeti does have a soft cooler called the hopper but I haven't seen a backpack version. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• jakebge
    jakebge Posts: 79
    Options
    I was just notified today that my RTIC soft cooler is being shipped.  I placed my order they first day they were available on March 6th.
  • outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    Options
    I would look at Polar Bear coolers, they have a backpack version.  I have their 48 can model, it is a great cooler.  They have 2 for 1 deals around Christmas.

Great coolers, n you are correct on the Christmas deals, makes great Christmas presents.

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    The Yeti Hopper looks like a purse, not a backpack. I used to have a soft sided cooler that looked like a carry-on bag with the extending handle and wheels and it also had straps to wear it like a backpack. It was very uncomfortable as a backpack so I never used it like that.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Thecoiman
    Options
    after talking with my co-worker this am and she got some more detail from her husband. He actually wants the Yeti Hopper. Thank you all for advise.
    Garland, TX

• TCT
    TCT Posts: 168
    Options
    Engel has a backpack cooler that's awesome!! Plenty of room and lots of "pockets" etc. Not to mention MUCH less than the Yeti Hopper. Love mine!!

Craig

Cockeysville, MD

LBGE and a large list of stuff I want

• MattBTI
    MattBTI Posts: 417
    Options
    Bison coolers makes a softpack as well
    Pratt, KS
  • Feenbo
    Feenbo Posts: 37
    Options
    I have the Engel backpack cooler as well.  Perfect for beach trips - sling cooler on your back and you have both hands free to carry other beach items!  Check out this link for info -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeMd0DioV5A
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    I could be wrong but I've heard a few negative comments on the hopper.. Nothing but praise on their rotomolded coolers of course but the softsided cases at yeti pricing, i might look closely at the competition mentioned by others 
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    Thecoiman said:
    A co-worker of mine came to me asked me to if there was Yeti backpack cooler. She said husband said something about wanting it for fathers day. I have not heard of this before so to Google, I went searching. I found a cycle company called yeti that makes a backpack but it did not look like you could use as a cooler. I did not find any thing on Yeti site but thought the yeti hopper could be worn as a backpack but didn't see an examples of that. I did find this:

http://www.amazon.com/TrackPack-Drink-Dispensing-Backpack-Cooler/dp/B004QBINL2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464732384&sr=8-1&keywords=trackpack+coolers

Was wondering does anybody have experience using it?

or any other suggestions?

Came across this brand last night in backpack coolers
    http://www.icemulecooler.com
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Fayborg
    Fayborg Posts: 82
    Options
    Another fan of Polar Bear here.  Great product and when purchased during the 2 for 1 sale a great deal. I use the 12 and 24 case regularly to carry my lunch n beverages along with grocery store runs.  The 12 fits in the saddle bag of my motorcycle.  My son has the backpack model which he likes. 
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,530
    Options
    fan here of the polar bear...here is the back pack link...

http://www.polarbearcoolers.com/product/backpack-H2O.html
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Polar Bear makes some whoppers

edited June 2016
    Options
    Ordered the Rtic Softpak 30 yesterday.   Apparently, production has caught up and mine is supposed to ship by July 13th.   Looks like a solid cooler.  
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • BrookieP
    BrookieP Posts: 135
    Options
    I really like 31 thermals. I have 3 different sizes, one is the picnic thermal tote which could fit inside a backpack. They have some patterns that aren't too girly. 

http://thirtyonegifts.com/catalog/thermals/
    XL BGE & 36" Blackstone
    Instagram: BGEBrooke