Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stanley Cup Finals! San Jose vs Pittsburgh

grussem
grussem Posts: 120
Hey Everyone!  Is anyone else here a hockey fan?  I grew up in Philly and am a die hard Flyers fan but relocated to Northern California after I got out of the Marines.  I've become a huge fan of the San Jose Sharks and am hoping they're able to win their first cup against Shittsburgh!  I'll probably have at least one viewing party at my house for one of the games with some pulled pork off the BGE.  Any other hockey fans on here?  LET'S GO SHARKS!

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168

I I love my Red Wings.  Truth be told, NFL playoffs are the only playoffs I watch after my team misses the playoffs (as usual) yea Lions!  

Good luck Sharks.  Since your interests don't conflict with mine.

Flint, Michigan
  • nhk19
    nhk19 Posts: 151
    Go PENGUINS!  Hey...not a huge hockey fan but I grew up and live in PA!  I'll watch if I have time!
    XLBGE
    Lewisburg, PA
  • chadpsualum
    chadpsualum Posts: 409
    Let's Go Pens!  Going to be a great series!!!
    North Pittsburgh, PA
    1 LGE
  • nhk19
    nhk19 Posts: 151
    My bet.  Pittsburgh in 6 games.
    XLBGE
    Lewisburg, PA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I was one of the 17 Atlanta Thrashers fans soooooo.......since they've shipped off to the Great White North I'm back to my boyhood team - Blackhawks. 

I just hope it's an entertaining series to watch since I don't have any skin in the game.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    On behalf of all Canadians (or at least most)...Meh.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    No hand in this game as the Rangers are out if it.  Hockey has taken over our lives.  8 year old kid plays travel hockey (hence limited egg time).  

I want the Sharks to win but I doubt they will against the NHL's cry baby poster girl Crosby.

Garnerville, NY
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Stars fan here....I'm with Fred, I still watch the playoffs even after my team's exit!
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • chadpsualum
    chadpsualum Posts: 409
    robnybbq said:
    I want the Sharks to win but I doubt they will against the NHL's cry baby poster girl Crosby.
    So your Rangers got beat by a cry baby poster girl?  Ouch.
    North Pittsburgh, PA
    1 LGE
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Let's go Sharks

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    I am about 1.5hrs from the SAP Center, but I am not big into hockey, although my father grew up in Detroit and used to be a huge Red Wings fan I never got into it. I used to get yelled at from upstairs "turn on the TV and watch this fight!!" Lol or the house would shake with Stevie Yzerman scoring a goal. Ha. 

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    robnybbq said:
    So your Rangers got beat by a cry baby poster girl?  Ouch.
    Can't fight the NHL that wants a team to win so they can sell it. 

Garnerville, NY
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Sharks fan here! Closest hockey team to me. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • grussem
    grussem Posts: 120
    I went to game 3 last night, the tank was LOOOOUD! What a great atmosphere it was.  I think they're all going to be 1 goal games.  Hopefully the Sharks tie up the series on Monday night.  LET'S GO SHARKS!
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    Winnipeg Jets fan here. I grew up in "winterpeg" in the mid 80s. Then the Jets left for the desert and we moved to Southern Ontario. I had no choice but to become a Leafs fan. When the Thrashers moved back to the Peg, I was thrilled! 
    I realize neither one made the playoffs this year but the Leafs having the 1st pick and the Jets having the 2nd in this years draft has me excited for things to come.
    As for the Stanley Cup Final...Go Sharks! (Thornton and Couture are sort of local boys).
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    3-1. Go Penguins! 
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    So great, bring it back home to Pittsburgh on Thursday guys!
  • cheeaa
    cheeaa Posts: 364
    edited June 2016
    LGB!! I was rooting for the sharks once they beat the Blues but unfortunately they're done now. Pens are too much
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    I don't have a dog in the fight but Murray was unbelievable tonight. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • EvenFlow
    EvenFlow Posts: 21
    Been a Coyotes fan since they moved here in 96 . LA Kings fan since 88
    Mesa AZ