Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best white pizza recipe

Options
anyone have great white pizza recipes ? I'd also love some advice on Temp and time as well as homemade vs store bought dough. 

Comments

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I take for white pizza you are talking the sauce?  For the Pizza Throw down last year I used a double 00 crust from my dealer, rQ ivory sauce for the base, added strips of rare sirloin steak, and blue cheese.  It was very good.
    Here is the rQ sauce: http://www.kcbbqsource.com/rq-ivory-bbq-sauce-12-75-oz/

Another one I did was same dough, but used just ranch dressing for the sauce, added grilled chicken breast, roasted garlic, sun dried tomatoes, red bell peppers, Italian cheese blend and some Italian seasoning on top.  It was my version of Papa Murphy's Chicken Mediterranean Delight pizza.  It too was good.

Many ways to go with this one.  It is fun to experiment with pizza.

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have the recipe for the most heavenly white pizza from Pizzeria Mozza in Los Angeles. I have a Word file but will have to leave the pictures out. Use any cheese you want; I got the sottocenere (a truffle-y cheese with ash on the outside), but that will be hard to find. The fried sage leaves are dynamite!

Here is the text:

Executive Chef Matt Molina, a veteran of Campanile and Del Posto, who has been working with Nancy Silverton for 13 years developed what may be a perfect white pizza.

What You'll Need

1 portion of dough

Heavy whipping cream

6 ounces fontina, cubed dice-sized

6 ounces mozzarella, cubed

3/4 cup of sottocenere, shredded

Handful of fresh sage leaves

Drizzle olive oil around the outer portion of the dough (crust).

Beyond a Basic Bianca

The Bianca is layered in various intensities of cheese over a base of rich panna. Mingled with truffles and sage, this simple but highly sophisticated pizza is the pinnacle of white pies.

Creamy, Cheesy

Whip up the whipping cream to stiff peaks with a hand or stand blender. Smooth a base of the cream over your dough. Evenly top with cubes of fontina and mozzarella, and the shredded sottocenere.

Scatter a dusting of chopped sage over the pie. The sage diversifies the base note to this pizza, melding with the earthy truffle.

Bake your pizza in a 500° oven for 8-10 minutes until the out crust is puffed and the middle of the pie is a glistening pool of cheese.

Sage Topping Sizzles

Most of us don’t have a deep fryer roaring and ready in our kitchens. So add 1/4 inch of canola or vegetable oil to a pan over medium heat. When the oil shimmers (around 350°) drop in a small handful of whole sage leaves. They will bubble like mad! When the sizzling subsides, scoop them out with a mesh spoon onto a paper towel.

Judy in San Diego
  • smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Had a pizza contest party a few years ago with some fellow food enthusiasts.  I did this Emeril recipe and only got second place because my wife and I voted for a neighbors pie, which was amazing.  This recipe is legit!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/roasted-garlic-white-pizza-with-garlic-sauce-recipe.html
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga